6-8 & Ungraded
Southaven, MS

Posted April 01, 2014
my school is southaven middle school and i moved to this school from Denver colorado being on the iside of this school i know what goes on. there is great dicipline and most of the teachers try there best to help every child succed. they do not tolerate bad behavior and try to get to each and every one of their students to do their best in order to promote to the next grade. I have learned many new and great things, overcome many chalenges, and gotten to know many of my great friends. Although teachers can act like the dont want to be here somtimes.. It is a great school and the principals are amazingly good.

Southaven Middle School 2

Posted April 21, 2013
The head principal of Southaven Middle School has no clue about autism. He has no interest in learning about autism and how to relate to students on the autism spectrum. This includes high functioning students with Asberger's who raise the school's overall test scores. He discriminates against these students by excluding them from school activities. He also denies there is a bullying problem.

Posted September 11, 2012
We're new to the district from Kansas City...So far, my 8th and 7th graders are complaining/bragging that they have already studied a lot of the new curriculum.. I expect straight A's on their report cards if it really is all review... Not pleased with the extraordinary expense for the kids who want to join extra-curricular activities. I see a BIG need for improvement here. So far, I'm not pleased...they advertise a dress code, but everyone I saw were exposing their undergarments....all hype and limited education/challenge. SORRY!

Southaven Middle School 5

Posted May 21, 2012
i just finished 8th grade in SMS and i enjoyed it SO much! The teachers were amazing and really nice and i got good grades. I got really good grades! From my background, i am Polish and i lived in Poland all my life and went to private school, lived in Shanghai and went to international school, and then to SMS. And i really like SMS. The teachers are nice and good. As an AP student i managed to learn a lot. The school system is great and you can talk to school staff about anything! All those mean comments are from people who's children or they were not trying in school.If you try you will love it. If not... well then i can not help you. However, the school is AMAZING ad GREAT. I really recommend it and i'll miss my teachers and everyone i met when I'll goto High School. 5stars!

Posted January 25, 2012
IMY CHILD WENT HERE IN THE SIXTH AND SEVENTH GRADE. AFTER THE FIRST FEW WEEKS DUE TO THE 7TH GRADE MATH TEACHER I TOOK HIM OUT.SHE SEEMED LIKE SHE DID NOT WANT TO BE THERE AND IT WAS MORE OR LESS ABOUT A PAYCHECK TO HER. THE OTHER PROBLEM I HAD WITH HER SHE TREATED MY CHILD VERY BADLY. WHILE MY CHILD IS NO SAINT ,YOU SHOULD NOT MISTREAT A CHILD. I FELT LIKE THIS ONE PARTICULAR TEACHER WAS A WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING........THE OTHER TEACHERS FOR THE MOST PART WERE O.K.. THIS THE ONLY REAL PROBLEM I HAD WAS THE 7TH GRADE MATH TEACHER I JUST DIDNT FEEL SHE HAD THE PEOPLE SKILLS TO BE TEACHING,

Posted January 24, 2012
It amazes me how the staff act like they do not want to be there and act like they are there for a paycheck. one of the teachers was real bad to tell my child to shut up. i really did not like her. the looks of that math teacher scared me. you could tell she did not want to be there.

Posted January 24, 2012
Great School! Great Principal! No complaints! My son is in all AP classes, studies hard, works on many projects, has excellent grades, is in the SMS band, and is on the SMS soccer team.

Posted September 09, 2011
Bullying is horrible, staff seem to hate their jobs. Had to transfer to a private school...$7,000 well spent.

Posted October 06, 2010
I HAVE TWO CHILDREN ATTENDING SMS. THIS IS MY OLDEST SON'S LAST YEAR. IT IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR ME TO CONTACT THE TEACHERS AND COUNCILERS. THEY HAVE LOST IMPORTANT FORMS AND I HAVE BEEN WAITING OVER A WEEK FOR THE 6TH COUNCILER TO GET BACK TO ME. I HAVE LEFT SEVERAL MESSAGES. NOW WHAT DO I DO??

Posted February 26, 2010

Southaven Middle School
899 Rasco Rd, Southaven, MS  38671
Last modified Southaven Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southaven Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top