Starkville, MS

Posted May 28, 2011
I have to disagree with the post that said there is not enough stimulation in younger grades. My son attended kindergarten at SCS last year, and we were MORE than pleased. We were thrilled! The teachers are absolutely wonderful - my son was very shy and introverted, but he warmed up to his teacher so quickly. And they have a wonderful opening assembly each morning that gets the children moving, singing, and having a good time. They also have just as much play time as I remember having in elementary school. It is still a small school but is growing in leaps and bounds! They are bringing in new extracurricular activities each year and even started a violin program this year! I can't wait to see what else God has in store for this school. We feel so fortunate and blessed to have found it for our son.

Posted October 12, 2010
The teacher takes the time to work with the children and make sure the children success in each class

Posted November 08, 2008
Academically Starkville Christian is great, your child will be above both Starkville Academy and Sudduth elementary (and I have knowlewdge of both with my other children). However, in the younger classes--there is not enough stimulation of creativity--just sit-sit--work-work. If you have a child who likes to sit still 6-7 hours of the day-you are ok--if your child is active--think twice.

Posted August 14, 2008
My child attends and we have been extremely pleased with the education, the Christian atmosphere and all of the teachers and staff. I would recommend this school highly.

Posted January 29, 2008
My Grandson attended for 7 years. I cannot say enough good things about this school and the teachers. They are all like family and truely care about the child. They practice good Christian qualities in and out of the school. The lessons learned are the best. They are paced to get the child to reach their full potential. The principal isn't bad, either. Our experience there made me believe in education once again. Worth more than it costs by far!

Posted January 05, 2008
Our child has attended since kindergarten and it has been a great experience. The teachers and staff really care about the students and provide an excellent environment for spiritual growth.

Posted June 30, 2004
Overall my impression of the school is excellent. My son receives a good balance of both Christian and scholarly education. Their after school program is a convenience that cannot be overlooked for the working family. We are not a regular church going family, but my son is the one who prods us to church, and he is only 6. Not bad.

Posted May 10, 2004
Starkville Christian is a wonderful place to receive a Christian education. The teachers are godly examples for the children, the curriculum is excellent, and the children are like family to each other.

Starkville Christian School
303 Lynn Lane, Starkville, MS  39759
Last modified Starkville Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Starkville Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top