K-2 & Ungraded
Starkville, MS

Posted July 30, 2014
I think Sudduth Elementary is a great school! My son will be in 2nd grade this year and we have had great experiences his kindergarten and 1st grade years. He has had wonderful teachers and the level they taught the children at was very impressive. They really challenged my son and he has scored above the national average on his RIT tests. The school is very organized and they go to great lengths to keep the children safe. It is a big school, so traffic to and from school is busy. I would recommend Sudduth. It is a top school!

Sudduth Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2013
Sudduth is a great school and we have appreciated the education received. However it is not the school it once was. Communication is a major problem, noone ever seems to know about things going on at the school. The current administration does not make parents feel welcomed at the school. Most of the teachers are good, however the high quality of teacher that once made Sudduth so great has dwindled drastically. With that being said, there are many good things about the school. The new curriculums are great and very rigorous, the gifted program is outstanding and the school really teaches to participate in the community with the year long push on supporting Relay for Life. The school also no longer ability groups reading classes and that is a real shame. The ability group reading classes were one of the best things about Sudduth. While Sudduth is a good school, it has many areas to improve and is no longer the shining star of the school district.

Sudduth Elementary School 1

Posted April 15, 2013
I agree with post below. I am counting down the days that my daughter has left. Too overcrowded! (and they're talking about consolidating...what?..) I don't know what's going on with her class and cannot get much communication with the staff. The bus was a horrible experience the first few weeks. It never came and we weren't notified. I ended up carpooling. Starts at 7:40 and we usually end up having to park in the awful traffic and carry my other baby while walking up through the mess. I see right through all the "good" governmental programs that are supposed to be good, but they're just a waste of time. It's very awful, can't wait to get outta there! We moved to the city limits just so our children could go there as well. Disappointed..She learned more at Pre-K at CLC than in Kindergarten. She's gone backwards.

Sudduth Elementary School 3

Posted November 27, 2010
Too many kids, too many teachers. Nobody knows who you are. Academics are okay at best.

Posted November 16, 2009

Posted September 17, 2009
My son loves attending school at Sudduth. The teachers and staff all seem to genuinely care about student success and finding new and fun ways to help the kids love to learn.

Posted September 16, 2009
I love the teachers. They go out of there way to teach the kids what they need to learn. There have so many fun ways of learning.

Posted June 02, 2009

Posted November 08, 2008
Sudduth has many great opportunities for children. The reading program is great--children learn at their own pace and move forward at their own pace. Our children went to private school for two years, but the public school had many more advantages the private schools did not such PE, art, Music, etc.

Posted May 31, 2006
Sudduth Elementary is one of the best schools in our area. Success For All is the best reading program on the market. This program enables every child to learn to read and succeed. Parents are encouraged to be actively involved whether through PTA, eattin lunch with their child, or helping ith bookfairs. The faculty is the best in our area and the focus in on the individual needs of the child.

Sudduth Elementary School