PK-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Stringer Attendance Center 3

Posted January 19, 2014
Stringer needs to help the students more than they are now. The school my son moved from, the parents & teachers always have time to sit &talk to parents. I know that one of the principles at Stringer lies/or stretches the truth. By leaving some "lil" info out is just another way of lying. I went to that school yrs back & anything kept private never does. Teachers & Principles should be an example & keep private issues "PRIVATE"!! Now the whole school, students & all knows exactly what happened & he doesn't want to return back there. He's a high schooler & got picked on from a middle school principle. She had no idea what my son & I have endured the last 5 yrs.. Just trying to keep us alive from unreasonable people & moving so much. I have Always supported & been active in my son's education & I won't quit on him no matter how hard it is or how the principle blows things out of proportion. Just another average school from what I see to the ratings on website.

Stringer Attendance Center 5

Posted August 05, 2009
Stringer Attendance Center used to be what is known as a 'family' school. Almost everyone was related in one way or another -- either by birth or marriage. So it was when I attended. My parents and my husband's parents were students, as were my husgband, me, his siblings and my siblings. Our children, nieces and nephews were students there, and our grandchildren and great-nieces and great-nephews are going there now. With integration beginning in 1970, and commujnity growth as well, the branches of the 'family trees' have grown farther out. Now, we know the history of only a handful of students and their families. This level 5 school is very diversified and has many execllent administrators, teachers and staff. Although it ws fun to 'know everything about everybody' at Stringer so many years ago, it is wonderful to see this little community school grow by leaps and bounds.

Stringer Attendance Center 2

Posted May 23, 2008
I think SAC is an awful school. Mrs. Brown is the only thing good about it.They treat children with no respect. All they care about is High School athletics.They have really smart kids in that school that are in Jr.Beta and Horizons and they don't even recognize them. They are the reasons you have a level 5 school! I am moving my child to a private school in the area when she gets to the 8th grade but I don't want her to miss out on the only two good things about the school, horizons and Jr.Beta.

Stringer Attendance Center 5

Posted November 07, 2006
As a loyal supporter of an Academic Level 5 Stringer school, I feel the emphasis are being placed on the right things, academics. I feel Mrs. Pollard has done a great job. She is the only principal that has been a Level 5 school consecutively. If your child is a behavior problem then yes he or she she be placed in detention or even in an alternative school. Lets not miss the mark here, education is what we are here for and the kids are getting a great quality education. I hope Mr. Calahan does a great job with the elementary school...but I can assure you that Mrs. Pollard has no problem keeping the school above state level and out out of the red. I feel that parent involvement is key in your child's academic success at Stringer.

Stringer Attendance Center 4

Posted November 06, 2006
I have several children at this school and they have all had a wonderful experience. The community is great and the teachers really seem to care about my children. Mr. Calahan and Mrs. Pollard are doing a great job. I would like to add that in addition to sports the school has a wonderful music, band, drama, and gifted studies programs.

Stringer Attendance Center 3

Posted October 10, 2006
I have 2 kids that go to stringer. The teachers always put kids in detention for small minor things. I have been to the school numorous times to no avail. All stringer is worried about is their football,basketball,softball,baseball,and cheerleaders. They have a new princial this year.His name is Mr. Calahand. I hope he does a better job than the ones before him.

Stringer Attendance Center
122 County Rd 17, Stringer, MS  39481
Last modified Stringer Attendance Center is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stringer Attendance Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top