Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 18, 2015
Felicia Hilson; Wanda Sumner and ex sub- Denise Calhoun. I am grateful to these three person's for allowing me to be apart of the save the children program. Denise told me about and Felicia hired me and Wanda allow me to be apart of her classroom. Working with young minds, helping them develop and learn is the most rewarding thing I can do again. I love it and so grateful.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted November 18, 2015
The teachers are effective they seem to be doing all things possible to get these young ready for the next grade. They are beloved by the students. My hat off to them.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted November 18, 2015
They are given so much they feel overwhelm. I hear I fell asleep, no home help, just didn't know how, It changes so quickly and they haven't absorbed the first week. It seem like everyone in a hurry. If you want them to learn, give them a chance to get it before moving on.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted November 18, 2015
They are constantly tested and the kids have not lack enthusiasm. I myself are afraid they need more time in the learning. But they are the one going forward and I talk to them and they look forward to the next step.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted November 18, 2015
I know first hand they used their respectability when greeting Staff. They haven't shown me any outburst that would suggest calling their parent.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 18, 2015
They have disagreement and playful exchange with each others. But they are only making friends and once they are call out they comeback and help each other.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted November 18, 2015
The children overall seem to be happy coming in and leaving. I haven't heard any complaints .

R H Bearden Elementary School 5

Posted November 18, 2015
I work with save the children and I would love to keep up with the children progress at Bearden.

R H Bearden Elementary School 5

Posted October 20, 2006
I really think this is a wonderful school for my children to attend and i really thank the teachers and staff for what they are doing for my children.

1090 Friendship Rd, Sumner, MS  38957
Last modified R H Bearden Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.