9-12 & Ungraded
Sumrall, MS

Posted April 15, 2008
We moved from Petal a month before the hurricane. I placed my daughter in another nearby school district. Her grades went from A's, B's and C's to D's and F's. Ihad face to face meetings with teachers and the principal and they told me it was what they called sixth grade itis. They could not provide after school tutoring to help her or anything. She failed that year by 2 grade points (no summer school was offered either) I pulled her from that school district and put her Sumrall. My child made student of the month, honor roll, she is happy loves her teachers. refusses to miss a day of schooll (even when she broke her toe, she hobbled from class to class) all in all Sumrall is the best schools around.

Posted May 09, 2007
I work at Sumrall High School as a tutor. The school is an excellent school academically. The teachers try really hard and take special interest in the children. The campus is growing by leaps and bounds, as new children join the school everyday. New buildings and an elementary school will help with the overcrowding. The problem is the disrespect that the children have for the staff and teachers. I am a former graduate of this fine school and we never treated our teachers the way the kids do now. Education starts in the home. Parents are not teaching their kids the basic skills needed to succeed in life. If the parents do not do their job with their children and homework, it makes the teachers job much harder and stressful. Sumrall is a great school.

Sumrall High School 4

Posted February 15, 2005
Sumrall elementary is one of the best schools in the area. I have a nephew who attends. Most of the children are well behaved and the school is full of wonderful teachers. If I had to say something negative it would be the condition of the campus, it is always very dirty the sidewalks have dirt on them and there is trash always on the ground. I am also concered that there is no music or art education in the elementary school.

Posted October 15, 2004
As a parent I'd like to say that my son now attends Sumrall Elementary School, having come from another district; and he has never been happier! He gets up in the morning excited to go to school, has made many new friends and is doing splendidly in all subject areas! He has a wonderful teacher and assistant who have made his learning experience fun and exciting! As a teacher in the middle school at Sumrall, I feel very blessed to have been able to join this team! I look forward to each day and to seeing the smiles on the faces of those I work with, and the students as well! Not everyone can say that they actually look forward to going to work every day. I do!

Sumrall High School 2

Posted March 03, 2004
I am gradute of Sumrall High and at that time the school was great. The staff cared about the kids and what was going on in thier lives. I currently have a niece and nephew going there and find that the leadership in the school has gone down quite a lot. Sumrall is a very small town and that is what gives the town and school it's great charm. I don't really know where the changes are coming form i.e. the school board or heads at the school itself, but they are not working. Some of the children are going to class in small outdoor sheds. The princple seems to think that he should run the school like a big city school, but he is losing what Sumrall School is all about, i.e. family. Sumrall has always had the small town down falls of everyone knowing everyones business, but when you go to a small school its nice when you grow up together, graduate together; your more than just classmates you are family. That is what Sumrall School had when I went there and the powers that be, should try and get that back.

Sumrall High School
198 Center Ave, Sumrall, MS  39482
Last modified Sumrall High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sumrall High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top