3-5 & Ungraded
Tupelo, MS

Lawndale Elementary School 4

Posted November 15, 2013
We are new to Tupelo this year, and we chose to buy a home in the Lawndale school district. We have children in the 3rd and 5th grades there, and are very pleased. Mr. English, the principal, was very welcoming to us when we visited last Spring, and all of the faculty and staff have been wonderful to deal with. I really like the flexible grouping. Academically, the language arts is right on track, with challenging vocabulary and writing assignments, particularly in the 5th grade. My only issue is with the math curriculum. It needs to be more difficult and cover more topics, especially for students in the more advanced group. The PTO is very active and new parents are welcomed. There are MANY opportunities to be involved at the school. You just have to seek them out. I am a teacher myself and so have very high standards for a school. Overall, we are very pleased with Lawndale.

Lawndale Elementary School 2

Posted September 03, 2009

Lawndale Elementary School 0

Posted September 02, 2009
The teachers and staff at Lawndale are great. The PTO on the other hand are not. They will not call on you to help if you are black or don't live in an upscale community like Spring Lake. In fact everyone on the PTO lives in Spring Lake. You are better off asking your childs teacher if you can help in her classroom or talk to any of the other staff.

Lawndale Elementary School 5

Posted June 19, 2007

Lawndale Elementary School 4

Posted February 10, 2006
This was our first year at Lawndale and we didn't know anyone. I have offered the PTO my help and have never been called on. I feel like an outsider that can't get in the 'click'. Over all I guess the school isn't bad I just wish that I felt more welcomed to visit. I would love to help out in the class, office or library but as I said I just don't feel like they want me there.

Lawndale Elementary School 5

Posted April 14, 2004
Lawndale rocks! This school has awesome teachers, staff, principals, and of course, students! I have enjoyed 6TH grade @ Lawndale tons! But, Miss Slater is the best teacher over all!

Lawndale Elementary School
1563 Mitchell Rd, Tupelo, MS  38801
Last modified Lawndale Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lawndale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top