Posted October 01, 2009

Posted August 11, 2009
My son was in VUE from 2007 to 2009. My daughter moved up from VLE to VUE in 2008. I loved this school! We were blessed with great teachers, who had such a wonderful relationship with their students. They did a good job in communicating with parents at home, as well as making themselves accessible to parents. The ONLY reason we left this school was because the Navy relocated our family out of state. I even considered staying behind just so my children could continue their education at Vancleave schools. I also like how there is very little bullying going on in the schools.

Vancleave Upper Elementary School 0

Posted July 31, 2009
I have children that were in the 4th grade last year and loved their teachers dearly. I had a very good relationship with them and appreciated all that they did for my boys. My only issue is that the teachers aren't able to teach the basics and have more one on one time, because they are having to teach to pass all of the tests that are now required. It seems like the students would better benefit from more quality time with their subjects rather than being taught to pass the mandatory testing.

Vancleave Upper Elementary School 1

Posted February 02, 2009
My child started the 3rd grade this year and is already failing. At the lower Elem he was making straight A's. I was very disappointed with the amount of worksheets this school uses and the attitude the tachers share. I understand that they have to teach certain skills for the MCT2 but for goodness sake, can they not learn to teach with more hands-on activites. My son is miserable and so am I. If I had a choice I would take him out of this school and put him somewhere else. I have student taught at several other schools and they are very mindful about using centers and activties that enhance each childs learning style.Not ever child learns the same way. I hate worksheets I think thay are a copout and lazy.

Posted April 06, 2006

Vancleave Upper Elementary School 1

Posted April 05, 2005
My child attended this school, and I was not impressed with it at all. Parents are allowed to participate in more activities, but the lower elementary is a much better learning environment. The teachers here are not friendly, do not try to work WITH parents, shows favoritism (or lack thereof), and gives out LOTS of worksheets. My child has never come home with something other than a handout as far as classwork. While handouts can be very beneficial when combined with other things, this was not the case. I have substituted here and every teacher is doing that. The school needs more extra-curricular activities, such as choir, plays, etc. Writing needs to be a big part of the curriculum also, and it isn't. Teachers need to be more original. I feel this school looks down on you if you do not attend a certain church.

Posted July 29, 2003
I taught at this school for 2 years. You will not find a better atomsphere for your children. The principals are wonderful, kind, and concerned. The teacher are the best around.

Vancleave Upper Elementary School 3

Posted July 24, 2003
I have had two children complete this school and one entering this year. The staff is very involved in the children's future. A few minor improvements would make this school the best school in Jackson County.

Vancleave Upper Elementary School
13901 Hwy 75, Vancleave, MS  39565
Last modified Vancleave Upper Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vancleave Upper Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top