PK-6 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Posted March 26, 2010
Dr. Lassiter is the most efficient principal I've seen since I'VE been in school. My godchildren absolutely love her! All of the different facets of the school seem to work together in perfect harmony! The parent center run by Ms. Sills and Ms. Lee provide resources, materials, and computer assistance for other parents to achieve their goals too! The pre-k teachers really have prepared my children for not only kindergarten, but first grade as well! i'm so impressed. And Like the other parent said, the whole family is involved! and in today's society, that's necessary!

Posted September 16, 2009
I love Dana Road School because they have some of the best teacher's. My child is well taken care of there and learn's so much! They make learning fun. They involve the entire family.

Posted November 24, 2008
My grandchildren go to this school. It is great. They are very protective of our kids. It takes a little longer to pick them up in the afternoons, but it is well worth it. In this day and time, you need all the protection you can get. Thank you so much

Posted July 17, 2007
I am very impressed with Dana Road. My daughter started Kindergarten and thanks to her teacher and other teachers at Dana Road the transition was really easy. My daughter loves her teacher and the school, I am very pleased with Dana Road Elementary.

Posted May 24, 2007
I love this school! I had misgivings about my son going to school versus teaching him from home. I had heard a lot of negative remarks over the Vicksburg school district but Dana has proven to be more than I expected. I love the principal, she's very organized and disciplined. My sons teacher, Mrs. Watts, is great. She has shown patience and understanding and truly seems to care. I thank her for that. With her and my sons hard work he has overcome many fears and is becoming more outgoing day by day and he has shown a lot of enthusiasm for learning. Thank you

Dana Road Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2007
Dana has proven so far to be a great elementary school. My son is in kindergarden. Although he would rather stay at home than go to school he has grown leaps and bounds since he started school and I thank the teachers and the school for this.

Dana Road Elementary School 4

Posted April 27, 2005
I have been pleased with the education my children have received at Dana Road Elementary. The teachers are dedicated and concerned about the overall child. The arts programs are absolutly wonderful and the library staff is outstanding. Thank you for the guidance you have given my children.

Posted June 07, 2004
My son has had excellent teachers at Dana Road. His teacher this year stayed with him after school for 1 hour each day to help him keep up with his work, because he was having problems with his reading and math. He was also given extra help with his reading through a school program. Also the counselors were very helpful. Dana has a broader understanding of children that need help with learning and social skills problems. I was worried about Dana Elementary being 'too big' for my shy child. However, the teachers and counselors have been very helpful to him. They also were very responsive to any input that I had as a parent.

Posted April 13, 2004
Dana Road Elementary has an excellent faculty and staff. I believe the teachers truly make a difference and care about each student. The teachers and students all work hard and do achieve excellent results.

Dana Road Elementary School 2

Posted November 30, 2003
I think Dana Road School can a better school if the teachers get more involved with their students one on one basis especially the ones that catches on slowly.

1247 Dana Rd, Vicksburg, MS  39180
Last modified Dana Road Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.