Walnut Attendance Center 0

Posted April 29, 2010
In response to the person who said that Walnut was all white and racist...you have got to be kidding me. Anyone who believes this needs to go ask any black person in Walnut. Its a southern town yes but race is not an issue here. We are united together as one to better ourselves and each other. Its about team work here not color!

Walnut Attendance Center 4

Posted April 07, 2008
This is one of the best schools the state of MS can offer! Pedagogy reigns supreme here! The teachers are student-centered and goal-oriented. Through best practice methods and varied teaching styles, the teachers encourage and challenge all students daily. One problem the school faces is a lack of administrative leadership. To be an excellent school, you need an excellent leader. The school is missing this important ingredient. It is the key reason I did not give the school five stars.

Walnut Attendance Center 0

Posted December 11, 2007
Walnut is a great school. The Teachers are great. The food is terrible,but the lunch ladies are friendly.

Walnut Attendance Center 1

Posted May 12, 2007

Walnut Attendance Center 5

Posted October 23, 2006
I believe that Walnut is the best school in Tippah County. As a student of Walnut I know that they have the best teachers in the state such as Coach Love Mr.Meeks, Mrs.Newsom, and many many more. I also know for a fact that the teachers at Walnut do not choose favorites and they also help all the children that want help. A child has to want to help themselves before they will allow anyone else to help them. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Walnut Attendance Center 5

Posted September 01, 2005
I would highly recommend this school to anyone. This school has recieved the highest academic rating that a school can recieve in the state. My children are both excelling at this school and love attending this excellent school. The state has put into place a system to rate schools based on academic performance. It is a state wide system. Walnut Elementary was rated a level 5 school, which is the best score atainable. Both of my children have excelled academically and socially. I do not think that they could get a better education at any school anywhere. The atmosphere at the school is wonderful. The students are happy and the teachers are fair to everyone! I am proud that my children attend a school where all students are treated equally regardless of race, academic performance, or economic status.

Walnut Attendance Center 1

Posted June 10, 2005
My child ranked 4th in the nation academically before entering this Mississippi elementary school. The teachers have their pick of certain family children from the area to excel. The teaching staff consists of all white teachers and a white principal. I would never recommend this school to another non white family. My high achieving daughter has declined in her grades and has been constantly made to feel that only white children deserve to exceed in academics. I let my child complete the school year but we will be removing our child from this school for the next school year.

Walnut Attendance Center
280 Commerce St, Walnut, MS  38683
Last modified Walnut Attendance Center is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walnut Attendance Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.