9-12 & Ungraded
Waynesboro, MS

Posted October 12, 2012
I don't know how the city of Waynesboro ignores the fact that one of the TWO high school options they have has become this obsolete. I'm a former student. I spent all four years of high school there. Were it not for a select few Advanced Placement teachers, I would not have been remotely prepared for college. Aside from my luck concerning teachers, the school failed in every way. Sports are the ONLY focus that matters to the district board members. The principal last year was a complete joke, and from the new regulations I've seen, the new one is no better. I was a straight A student, top of class, and am on a full scholarship to a university, yet I woke up every morning DREADING going to this school. The entire system of WCHS is corrupt and not geared toward making things easier on its students. Unless you want your children to experience what a prison feels like, complete with guards, racism, verbal abuse, and bias, find another school district.

Posted April 25, 2009

Posted February 16, 2009

Posted December 12, 2008
They a wide range of AP courses which most students can benefit from at the next level. Their sports programs are top notch.

Posted December 10, 2008
I am a parent of two children in this district, one of which is at Wayne County. My children loved school before moving here. Now neither of them want to go. Being as they are not in to sports and the related activities they have become outcasts. My high schooler does feel as if she's a prisoner at school, and if a child is in sports or any other activity of the sort they get special treatment and are not held accountable to the same strict rules that are supposed to apply to everyone. My younger child had 4 years of perfect attendance, though not a scholar, she loved to go. Now everyday after school she begs to be home schooled. As for my high schooler she wants to drop out, and she still has a year and a half left with no other options for a diploma.

Posted December 07, 2008
This school is all about the sports and if you are not involved in any sport related activity then you better be prepared to feel invisible. The authority figures are also a big joke. They long for the need to control every single aspect of the students and teachers. Since I am voicing my honest opinion, you could say this school is a prison not only for the students, but also the teachers.

Posted November 06, 2007

Wayne County High School 3

Posted November 03, 2007
I cannot convey a school that does not send textbooks home and homework. The ratio for those students who retake SAT testing in Algebra I, Biology I, and English Comp is about 55:45 for Algebra, 70:25 for the other students. Let me tell you why these kids aren't getting Algebra. Grades 1- 8 you learn from a book that should have been banned years ago. It did not teach basic math skills that you need to do Algebra. It repeated itself from grade 1 - 8. Children need to learn to add and subtract fluently and with ease before going to multiplying, dividing, percentages, ratioes, and geometry. They need to know how to do reading problems. All of the College entrance testing that I have seen require that one reads the problem. That becomes a problem. I rate this school average.

Wayne County High School 4

Posted October 11, 2007
- a former student
I went to WC and am very grateful for the level of education that I received there. I graduated in '01, and it has become a huge sports environment. However, if the same teachers are still there, your child will be well prepared when he leaves WC.

Wayne County High School 4

Posted April 14, 2006
- a former student
I went to WC. It was an awesome high school. The teachers were amazing, and I felt like they really cared about my education. Sports was a big part of the school's reputation, but it wasn't everything. I felt secure in the knowledge I gained from the school. It prepared me for, not one but two, college educations. I thank God everyday that I went to WC.

Wayne County High School
1325 Azalea Dr, Waynesboro, MS  39367
Last modified Wayne County High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wayne County High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top