9-12 & Ungraded
Wiggins, MS

Posted August 07, 2014
I am a student at Stone High School and it is a school that I would not want my students attending. The staff and principal talk about how they want to avoid any conflicts that students face with other students, but it is just talk. They do not pay attention to warning signs or potential distractions for children until there is a major outburst. I do not mind the uniforms, but that is all they care about. If one's shorts are too short, an inch shorter than supposed to be, they will send you to detention which just makes the student avoid class all day because of this minor mistake, and yet the school worries about a student missing a day of class. The building itself is falling apart and the cafeteria is right next to the sewer lines that overflow and release outrageous odor everyday. I give it 2 stars because the stars go to the teachers who care about the quality of our education and actually help us, other than that I would give zero.

Stone High School 4

Posted April 29, 2013
The education is up to standards for the average population, but just as every small town school, they don't have the funds to have a special education program designed for those who highly gifted. Other than that, it's about the same as any other present day average school. For the most part, you get what you want to out of school. As for the outsider issue, you make friends and you're never going to have everyone's approval no matter where you go to school. Yes, some teachers have favorites because it is a small town and they have known some of the students since they were born... It's only natural. Though, I will say, I was an outsider and found the respect from teachers, students, and faculty because of my work ethic and friendliness.

Posted February 27, 2012
The building is very old. The bathrooms are very unsanitary. It is not a great learning environment. The student's aren't very open to new-comers. They'll be kind to you, but never accept you because you are not from where they are (with an exception of a few awesome people) If you have a choice between the Coast's high quality, new schools and this school, choose the coast. I don't only want to be negative; there are a few great teachers that have good teaching skills and care about thiers students. Most teachers are friendly and understanding.

Stone High School 1

Posted March 09, 2011
Rate this school.......I have had four children graduate from Stone High School. Back then it a was amoung the best. But today if a family was basing a relocation on the school system, I would have to tell them do not move. The tearchers are not interested in teaching, they are interested in the pay check, the time off and retirement. Our administration is more interested in alternative class rooms rather than demanding a good teaching enviroment.

Stone High School 3

Posted October 29, 2009

Stone High School 5

Posted May 21, 2009
my child is the 3rd generation to graduate from SHS. I Love this School

Stone High School 0

Posted November 30, 2008
stone high school is one of the best schools in the county. I enjoy the environment and everybody.

Posted July 08, 2008
I am a parent of a former student. The attendance policy at this school is too relaxed, the teachers do not communicate with parents even after repeated calls to the school, the school lists one set of rules in the handbook but do not have the gumption to back them up. ou basically don't even have to show up and they'l graduate you.

Stone High School 1

Posted February 13, 2008

Stone High School 5

Posted January 23, 2008
The dress codes are only a small part of the schools attention and not a big part of the day to day agenda. Only once in the year that I attended SHS did they have a prayer meeting and it was organized by the students not the administration. When you attend SHS and get a chance to experiance the comrodery and support you get from the staff and students there, you will give a different review.

Stone High School
400 East Border Ave, Wiggins, MS  39577
Last modified Stone High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stone High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top