K-6 & Ungraded
Winona, MS

Posted November 17, 2011
This is the best school within 200 mile radius. I live the system and the teachers, they are willing to go beyond their duties to help and teach every child individually. They are great and I would recomend it to anyone.

Posted August 08, 2009
This school has been better in the past but I'm hopeful the new superintendent will turn around things that have been going badly for the last few years. The principal needs better communication skills with parents and children. Some teachers are the best while others not so good. I am a parent of two children in school and have thought about moving or homeschooling. I am going to see how things go beginning this year on a positive mindset.

Posted May 16, 2009
Very pleased with this school! The new principal is making this one of the best elementary schools in our state.

Posted January 19, 2009

Posted April 28, 2008
Overall I would rate this school a 4.5. I have had a GREAT experience with my son, who is a special needs child. He has gone for 4 years. My daughter, who is advanced, is bored in her regular kindergarden class and must be given more work at home to continue to excel.

Posted June 25, 2004
Winona Elementary School is an absolutely wonderful learning institution. I have lived in Winona most all of my life, but I would have moved several times due to job offers were it not for the education my children receive at WES. They challenge each student to achieve their best and then encourage them to strive for better. The school is clean and safe without the use of metal detectors and a high level of security. The rules are strict and consistently enforced regardless of sex or race. I am proud of the education and care my 2 children receive at Winona Elementary School. Ellen Benish

Winona Elementary School
513 South Applegate, Winona, MS  38967
Last modified Winona Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winona Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top