9-12 & Ungraded
Yazoo City, MS

Posted August 12, 2014
If you have the opportunity to send your child to another school ,please do so. Most of the teachers don't care and they constantly say to the students they're only here for a paycheck. If you have issues the principles do not make themselves available or try to help resolve the matter. Many of the teachers and staff are related to students and treat those students differently from the rest. If your child has special needs or learning disabilities, the entire school district is not prepared or equipped to teach them.

Yazoo City High School 4

Posted August 17, 2012
I am a 1977 graduate of Yazoo High School. My experience was very memorable. JG

Yazoo City High School 5

Posted March 23, 2012
I graduated YCHS in 1995. We had both great teachers and students. The teachers back then didn't put up with any BS like they do today. Also, back then the students were not nearly disrespectful as they are these days. School is everything you make of it. I really do miss being in High School again. Those were the best days I ever lived. I may not have been the smartest student but I will tell you every teacher I had helped me as much as possible and always encouraged me that I could do better. Take it from me...YCHS can get better only if the STUDENTS let it get better. I hope the best to each and everyone that goes to school there. God Bless! (My stars are the rating when I graduated in 1995)

Posted September 25, 2009
Yazoo City High School is the most un-organized school I have ever attended, I should have stayed at jj mcclain because yazoo city high need to be under control by the state, bad1!! The teachers are so disrespectful as well as the principals and studends. Don't go to Yazoo City High School, this is coming one of the best students from ychs.

Yazoo City High School 3

Posted July 14, 2009
I graduated from Yazoo City High School in 2006 as the valedictorian of my class. My experience is some what different from many of the responses that I have read. I was reluctant to have caring teachers, accelerated courses, and the opportunity to be engaged in activities outside of class. I am now a rising senior at Clark Atlanta University with a 3.7 gpa and also the Undergraduate President of my institution. I am not saying all of this to bost about my achievements but to let the world know that YCHS has produced some of the brightest minds of this world. I am not naive to the fact that now the school has gone through many changes and in many areas it is lacking. There is a need for leadership, drive, commitment, and skill. These qualifications are needed in every individual in Yazoo City. This is how success can be achieved.

Posted March 27, 2009
Am a student at Yazoo City High School am now in 11th grade. I think they is really not preparing us for college or our State Test. I dont think this is a great school.

Posted January 07, 2009
I think Yazoo City High is under poor leadership! They have unqualified teachers and a superintendent who cares nothing about the students.

Yazoo City High School 4

Posted June 25, 2007
Yazoo City High school produces many scholars every year. It's a very good place to attend high school and develop.

Posted May 05, 2006
Yazoo City High School is not a fair school. Some students are treated differently from others because the teachers or principals know their relatives. I am a student at this school and see this type of stuff happen everyday. Everyone at Yazoo City High do not get an equal opportunity to excel. As a student at this school I am asking all parents to think twice before sending your children to Yazoo City High School.

Yazoo City High School 3

Posted August 27, 2005
It seems a lot of complaints are about the teachers here at the school and yet what could be said about the students? These students do not treat good teachers with proper respect when they do get them so the good teachers leave. Those who are truly concerned with the school should understand it is more than just the teachers. It is the community that supports the school. It takes a community to ruin a school. Let's pass the blame around equally. This problem stems in part from parents, superintendent, principals, students, teachers, and a lack of organization. But the positive side is that the school recognizes its shortcomings and where it needs to be unlike its counterpart school system - Yazoo County.

Yazoo City High School
1825 Dr M L King Dr, Yazoo City, MS  39194
Last modified Yazoo City High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yazoo City High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top