9-12 & Ungraded
Yazoo City, MS

Yazoo County High School 3

Posted May 07, 2014
Hello! I was a Yazoo County panther a few years ago. This school is located in a small town and is a small school as well. I like how close students can be with each other because of this. However, I think the school needs more activities, other than just the average sports like football and baseball.. Art classes, better photography classes, and maybe journalism would make it great! I also think the teachers could care a little more about the students and their futures. I've had teachers that didn't ever even teach class.. They'd just sit their on the computers and give us something to copy out of a book or something. I like to actually be taught in class..

Yazoo County High School 3

Posted September 10, 2009
I am a freshman and this is my first year. There are great teachers here, and I love my friends and the people, but there is nowhere to go from here. This is definately not where I would send my child! Even though I begged my mom to let me come here instead of Manchester, and alot private school students and Yazoo City High School students are transferring here, I would want better for my child. I believe with determination I can succeed and go places, and that it will teach me real life lessons, but this school lacks parental involvement, serious students, disipline, art and literature programs, and proper funding. Everything we are aloud to learn is limited to the MCT2 Test. Which means they've taken Shakespeare plays put of schooL!

Yazoo County High School 2

Posted October 15, 2008
This teachers are great and everything but these students need home training or something. They come to school like its a party everyday. It gets annoying when they just stand in the middle of the hall and act like its a chatting party instead of going to class. If I could switch schools... I would be out of here!!

Yazoo County High School 4

Posted August 04, 2007
This can be a wonderful school if the parents would get more involved with the district and know what is going on at the school, not only when there is a fight or other negative things. Parents can make this one of the best school there is if they would come together and stay on this board to do their job. There are individuals on staff there at the school and i wonder what is their job title. There are people holding positions who are not qualified. There are teachers holding positions should not be there. This school need more programs to enhance the students education, such as after school tutoring. This school need and should have a ban. Write a grant to get the money to assist in getting the instruments and pay a music teacher to come to teach the children.Help keep our childern positive.

Yazoo County High School 1

Posted May 01, 2007
this school needs to get a hand on the fights and needs to have more discipline I have two girls that will be in the 7th grade next year and have received a great education plus a very good disciplinary education at bentonia-gibbs the teachers are number one at this school and I think the high school and junior high need to step up to the plate plus trying to get a handle on the parent teacher relationship and all need to work together to help or children get along and in this get a better education

Yazoo County High School 5

Posted March 12, 2007

Yazoo County High School 5

Posted January 18, 2007

Yazoo County High School 4

Posted January 31, 2006
Yazoo county is the best school for my child. But I think they shouldn't wear uniforms. They should be able to wear any thing of their choice but not to the extreme. School is about learning not fashion.

Yazoo County High School
6789 Hwy 49 Frontage Rd, Yazoo City, MS  39194
Last modified Yazoo County High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yazoo County High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top