Bad
Good

We just moved from another district, I have a child with special needs, I am so impressed with the way the teachers have helped my child. I had to fight for services in the last district we were in, in this one they saw what my child needed and are helping him much more. My child also has a metabolic disorder, I was scared to death for kindergarten, but they ensure he gets everything he needs because of it and update me on anything happening with him.

My kids have been (and still are) going here for the past 20 years. Despite being an older building, the teachers/staff/principals are all excellent. And to the person who complained about the NCLB issue- don't forget, Meramec Heights educates special needs kids in the building, and these kids are included in NCLB numbers, whereas other school districts send their special needs kids to a separate building and therefore do not include those numbers in the general population, and since ALL kids in a building are added to the total, that artificially brings MH's numbers down. Meramec Heights is a great school!

Great school huh? Hahaha Right! Wrong!!!! Their AYP ( adequate yearly progress) put them in the spotlight with the NCLB (no child left behind) I am sure everyone got a letter, well a few did, not all of you may be aware of this, but this school... that's so great, is a LEVEL 1 school and the NCLB is sending TRANSFER forms out to parents that want too see their children have a better education. Teachers are nice, So I read, I think I might have met one there that was, and she was a sub. I have two kids there, I got a form for my child that is severely Autistic. I did not get a form for my other child that is not,. So if this school wants to play like that.. Let's play. I will not be pushed around by these Level 1 losers anymore. I have a written confession of how my child's hand got finger nail marks in it. People please if you love your kids.. Don't send them here. From one parent too another. please love them where ever they may go, but don't send them here. Do not get me started on that nurse, Isn't she a P.O.S. guess that's why shes there, she fits in well with the rest of them. I am sure my kids will miss their little friends, but I'm sure they will see them @ the new school.

Some teachers are very good and others could use some practice. The school is older but functional. My biggest complaint, the drama of the students, thats not the problem most kids have drama, but the teachers, councelor staff, nurse, principal all get involved and thats a problem. The kids need to work it out themself. We cant run to them every time someones feelings get hurt. The teachers and staff need a lesson on whats bulling and whats normal drama.

I love this school and the teachers are very great with my children. They understand their needs and some of them come see the boys play baseball too. They are a 100% great and caring for the one that has ADHD!

I have 4 kids going here after we moved not even a mile up the road they had to transfer from clyde hammrick. we have been here since the beg. of jan. and all of the kids say that the school may be one of the safest around but not the friendliest. some of my kids need extra help and this school feels like they dont need to go that extra step and help. they say they will when you talk to them and it goes good for a week and then stops. if i could transfer the kids back to clyde i would in a heart beat! they have always put their kids first. not this school.

Our daughter has only been there for around 3 weeks now, so I don't feel comfortable commenting on faculty and staff yet. However, we were suprised when we moved here from out of state just 3 weeks back, and went by the school to get her enrolled. The school itself looks pretty small and old from the outside, and the play area's are pretty sad looking and and look many years past replacement. The inside of the school looked just the same, and made us feel like we were in a very poor community. But, the staff and teachers seemed nice, so we didn't want to judge a book by its cover and choose to get our daughter enrolled. As I said, its only been a few weeks, and already our daughter has complained about her class mates being out of control. Were changing schools this week.

Last modified Meramec Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.