Posted April 17, 2014
My daughter's have been at Hanna Woods for 2 years now and I love it. The fact that the teachers go above and beyond for their students is remarkable. My daughter's are extremely happy with the school and they love their teachers. Coming from the St Louis Public Schools I see a huge difference in the atmosphere, curriculum, the attention to each student and the drive to help students actually succeed.

Hanna Woods Elementary School 5

Posted January 27, 2010

Posted August 21, 2009
We have been at Hanna Woods for 3 years and have had a very positive experience at the school. HW emphasizes good citizenship as well as preparing the students for their academic future. The administration and teachers make themselves available and are very responsive to parents. Our children love going to school and have learned a great deal. We would highly recommend Hanna Woods!

Hanna Woods Elementary School 2

Posted August 10, 2009
We moved into Parkway because of their amazing reputation and have been nothing but disappointed with Hanna Woods. Their test scores are embarrassing. The curriculum is so easy that we set a timer for 2 minutes for my daughter's homework. If she is not finished in that time, she's grounded. The staff is caring, but all they seem to care about is self esteem. The gifted program is terrible. I end up working with my daughter several hours a night to keep her up with students from other schools. We are going to give it one more quarter and if things aren't massively improved, we will pull her out. We already pulled my son out of that school.

Posted June 09, 2009
My niece attends Hanna Woods and just loves school. Thanks for starting her school years out great.

Hanna Woods Elementary School 3

Posted October 14, 2008
Hanna Woods has a warm, friendly and capable staff. My child has had a wonderful experience at Hanna Woods. As a parent, however, I would love to see more rigor in the curriculum. It seems we are meeting kids who are in the middle and not really challenging those who need it (but may not necessarily be gifted). I also feel the expectations as far as behavior are far too low. Many functions as well as what I have observed while dropping my child off on occasion I have noticed the children run around like crazy people. The staff and admin may need to establish some expectations and guidelines for parents as to what behavior should look like at school. Sadly, in the area Hanna is in, many parents work hard to be friends, not parents with their children, establishing a very permissive attitude towards behavior.

Hanna Woods Elementary School
720 Hanna Rd, Ballwin, MO  63021
Last modified Hanna Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hanna Woods Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top