Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted September 07, 2015
My kids have been at woerther the last couple of years. They love it! Acelademic rigors could be better, but I think that's a problem for all public schools not just Woerther. The school principal is one of the best I've come across. She has been there for a long time. She knows her students and stays on top of things.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted September 07, 2015
There is room for growthe here. But overall, they try to do their best. The school needs to do more anti bullying work.

Posted February 17, 2013
Both of my girls attended school at Woerther, and I am public school teacher in one of the top rated districts in St. Louis. I find Woerther to be one of the best with professional teachers, challenging curriculum, and a very active PTO that provides fantastic family/communtiy activities.

Posted May 12, 2011
I don't understand the comment about the gifted children but I have 3 kids that are there now, one that graduated from there and another that will be there next year.... I have two children that are gifted they have won numerous awards and everyone there has been nothing but caring.. they all now me and husband by name and have gone out of their way to be supportive to is not just inside the classroom but outside as well.

Posted May 18, 2010
I don't understand the comment regarding kids with high IQ's. My daughter was recommended for the gifted program in our first parent/teacher conference. I think the school and the school district do an amazing job at providing opportunities for those kids who need accelerated programs. My biggest concern with public schools was that my daughter would suffer because of teaching to the bottom, but that has not happened. This is a wonderful school with fantastic administrators and faculty.

Posted March 15, 2010
I have had two children go through this school. I find the principal to be cold and uncaring. Over the past 6 years I have tried many times to work with staff and administration. Basic requests are met but most attempts at acceleration are met with resistance even with kids who have IQ's over 150 and are just thirsting to learn! I think that is crazy.

Posted August 27, 2007
The teachers really care. Their gifted program is wonderful!

314 New Ballwin Rd, Ballwin, MO  63021
Last modified Woerther Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.