No rating

St Joseph Elementary School

Private | PK-8

Living in Ballwin

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $179,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $880.

Posted October 22, 2013

The reader who suggested enrollment is down due to poor leadership is misinformed. The St. Joseph Manchester boundaries are "landlocked" meaning there is no new development and the demographics of the area are aging (minimal new school age families). Sure other schools in the area are growing, but that's due to open space with new development. Schools in the area with similar demographics and boundary issues are experiencing the same problem. Don't be fooled by the uninformed and ignorant. They simply have an ill-perceived axe to grind. St. Joseph is a great school with great teachers. Our children have graduated and gone on to perform very well at some of the toughest private high schools in the area. St. Joe school prepares your child for future success. It's a can't miss.

Posted September 30, 2013

We have been a part of St. Joseph school for 7 years. It has been a wonderful environment to watch our children grow academically and spiritually. The curriculum and teaching philosophy has provided my children a progressive student centered approach to learning while also providing them with a strong moral and spiritual framework. For example, in middle school there are single gender classes for several core subjects which was implemented to reduce well documented gender gaps in student participation and learning in specific subjects. Additionally, there is accelerated math for students starting in second grade allowing children to progress in math beyond the planned curriculum. Finally, the teachers are in communication with the parents as well as the student regarding their academic achievements. If children need additional help they have office hours before and after school and are willing to help in whatever way they can to ensure a successful and enriching academic environment for all students. I highly recommend St. Joseph's it is a wonderful academic and spiritual environment for children to grow and prosper.

Posted September 30, 2013

The teachers my kids have are terrific. They are dedicated to making my kids better students and better people. The community at St. Joe is wonderful, I love that I know all of the parents in my kids classes.

Posted September 29, 2013

St. Joseph Elementary has a dedicated staff and a wonderful caring community. A strong technology, math and science curriculium help set it a part from other schools, in addition to Spanish for all grade levels.

Posted September 28, 2013

St Joe has done more than expected when it comes to my children enrolled there. They are challenged to grow in both their knowledge of math, science and history, but also in their faith. This school has done an excellent job teaching children how to behave like responsible members of the community. One only has to walk the halls to see that. In addition, years ago there was an incident that could be described as bullying. It was addressed before the end of the school day. We have not had a problem with that child since. I truly believe it was the alertness of the teachers and the ability to quickly address and talk to those involved that have prevented further bullying.

Posted September 27, 2013

I have two children currently attending St. Joseph and we all love it! We chose the school after we went through on a tour and could feel the sense of community between the students, teachers, and staff. I love that my kids are getting a quality education, but are also able to practice their faith and participate in service projects to help them grow as members of their community. The parents are very involved and I love that we all know and support each other. The teachers and staff know everyone by name, and are always looking for new ways to engage the students. We couldn't be happier!

Posted September 26, 2013

We are very happy with our choice to send our children to St. Joseph Manchester. We love the small school where all the parents know each other and have a wonderful sense of community. The teachers are extremely qualified and take the time to communicate with the parents about the progress of their children. We are confident our children are getting a wonderful eduction in a faith based environment.

Posted September 26, 2013

We have been at St. Joseph School for two years. We moved here from out of state when my daughter was starting 7th grade and my son was going into 2nd grade. 7th grade can be a difficult time to transition into a new school, but the students at St. Joseph welcomed my daughter with open arms. She was immediately made to feel part of the family, and she felt like she belonged. My son also had an easy time transitioning and quickly made friends. I attribute this experience to the Catholic Christian values that are instilled in the students from the start of their education at this school. The students here are taught to be kind and caring to everyone, even to those who are new or maybe different in some way. The education that my children have received is excellent. My daughter is now at an all-girls Catholic High School and is in several honors classes. Her education at St. Joseph prepared her for the demands of high school and gave her the background she needs to be successful in school as well as in life. I know my son will receive that same excellent background as well as learning Christian values that are such an important part of the education at St. Joseph School.

Posted September 26, 2013

St. Joseph Manchester is known for their student service hours and commitment to the community. We absolutely adore our parish/school and are confident anyone searching for a home for their child would love it as well!

Posted September 26, 2013

I have 2 students currently enrolled in St. Joseph and 1 who graduated and is now attending Catholic High School. Our experiences at St. Joseph School have been outstanding. It is a caring and loving environment where all the students receive individual attention. Two of my children have learning disabilities and one is a gifted student, and all have received the additional help or the additional challenge that they needed. The families that are part of the St. Joseph community are wonderful and welcoming. My children are bi-racial and I was concerned about them fitting in and meeting friends and their experiences have been very positive at this awesome school! This year we have seen an influx of some new teachers who are bringing a renewed enthuiasm and a wonderful spirit to our community. My children are growing and learning in a faith-based, service oriented, academically challenging environment and I love it!

Posted September 26, 2013

St. Joe's is a great school! I like the fact that the principle, priest and the majority of the teachers know me and my children by name. I also like that there are many opportunities to be involved in the school, which you can choose to embrace or not. I know who most of the kids are in each of my children's classes and who their parents are, which makes me feel connected to the school. The teachers at the school really care about the kids. They are always striving to make their classes interesting for the students. I have never walked down the hall and seen kids sleeping or bored at their desks, they are usually engaged in learning.

Posted September 25, 2013

We love St. Joseph's school! We have two children currently enrolled, and feel they are getting a great education, while also developing spiritually. St. Joe's offers Spanish from preschool through 8th grade, which we find is extremely beneficial, and will prepare them for high school and beyond. They also provide amazing technological advantages, from the computer labs to the smart boards, as well as the devices that help the teacher's voices carry throughout the room. We also like that it is a smaller school, with the principal knowing all the children's names, and providing a great close knit community. And the teachers are great, too; many have MBA's and teach using different styles to help all children learn in the way that best fits. We are truly blessed, and feel we have made a great decision sending our children to St. Joseph Manchester.

Posted February 21, 2013

This school's enrollment is dramatically declining compared to other Catholic schools close to it. The decline is not due to the economy. Other Catholic schools and public schools in the area have better leadership and better teachers.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of St. Louis

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

555 Saint Joseph Lane