Beaufort, MO

Posted October 06, 2011
I love Beaufort Elementary. I do however have a problem with the AR program as well. My Daughter use to love school and reading. Now she trys to come up with every excuse not to go because she knows she has to take an AR test. While at home she reads her books with little to no errors but fails her tests. Her teacher sends notes home saying she needs to read the same book two to three times a night. I am worried shes going to just completely get fed up with reading all together.

Posted January 28, 2010

Beaufort Elementary School 5

Posted January 18, 2010
I am 32 years old and I attended Beaufort Elementary. I loved it! I always felt a sense of family there and still do. My children now go there. They love it as much as I did. Still have that close nit family feel. The teachers are great. Security is great also. There are 3 teachers there that were teaching there when I went there. Love Love Love this school!

Posted April 03, 2005
I agree with the last post, but also would like to add a comment about the implimenting of the AR program. Although origionally a 'unique' idea, it has put more stress on my children, as well as effected their performance in many other subjects. They are constantly concerned about losing recesses, and being 'counted out' of rewards and prizes for 'keeping up with everyone else'...this is a concern. It has caused them to look at reading as a burden, and not an enjoyable experience. Even though, they are required to read at least 1.5 ABOVE their grade level, and that in itself to me is an accomplishment. I am also concerned that they are punished even if they choose a book from the library that is BELOW their range. Other than that, it is a good school.

Beaufort Elementary School 3

Posted October 29, 2004
The principal seems nice as well as the faculty & staff. I attended their Fall Carnival and aside from not knowing anyone the children had fun. The kids seemed to be happy. My son has had difficulty making friends, and the Counsellor has stepped up to make a few introductions and invite him to lunch. I have been contacted on issues with him and have not had to hunt anyone down. This school could benefit by having more CONTACT with parents. I rarely know what is going on for classroom activities, grades, behavior. Waiting to hear about your child's progress is a rather antiquidated way of managing parent contact. I think Beaufort Elementary should enter the technological age.

Beaufort Elementary School
3200 Hwy 50, Beaufort, MO  63084
Last modified Beaufort Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beaufort Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top