Belton, MO

Yeokum Middle School 4

Posted December 04, 2014
Our schools have many great qualities. The athletic program is amazing. They offer conditioning after school (for kids during their off season) and throughout the summer to keep the kids in shape. They try very hard to involve the 8th grade athletes with the high school athletes which gives the kids a sense of unity among them. Communication is great between the schools and parents. Curriculum is good as well. All of the kids have access to iPads in 7th and 8th grade then Mac books starting in 9th grade. They get to take them home to do their work on. I am amazed at how much my kids can do on them. I have no doubt they will be ready for college. The superintendent is involved in all of the schools and the community. You see him at many events and he gets involved with the kids. I highly recommend this school district.

Yeokum Middle School 5

Posted May 03, 2014
This is a fine school. The teachers strive to teach the kids well and the majority of students try to do well also.

Posted March 30, 2014
It is like a prinson... None of the teachers care about our grades or anything. They do not help us if we need help. And if we ask for tutoring they will just let us do the work and have them not even pay atteion.. My parents don't like this school at all. And we are thinking about moving school districts.

Yeokum Middle School 5

Posted January 13, 2014
This school is awesome. I am challenged everyday to engage my mind and try new experiences. Not a day goes by that I did not learn something new about myself or the people around me. I love Yeokum.

Posted May 14, 2012
a school with about no rules they say about two or 3 when i alone have been forced to fight 3 times with the same person

Posted April 21, 2011
This school is HORRIBLE! I feel as though I am imprisoned everyday. The teacher's don't care very much about the students. They put way to much stress on us. I have always been straight A student and I'm dangerously close to failing because a lot of my teachers blow me off. There are 2 teacher's that I really like, they are willing to help me when I need it even if it's not for their class. My team 82 science teacher and Team 81 English teacher are the only ones assisting me in holding my straight A's. The math teachers do "tutoring" , but it's really just 'sit down and do your homework. I'm going to get coffee and talk to other teachers.' Overall, I am NOT impressed with this school. I'm in 8th grade, but I'm leaving the district at the end of the year. I only hope my new district ihas better teachers and better cirriculum. I hope that they get these problems fixed by next year, as I know many younger kids who'll be starting here next year. I also hope the principals and administration can step up to the plate and do their job. Right now, they don;t seem to like their job.

Posted August 24, 2009

Yeokum Middle School 2

Posted May 05, 2009
I Attended this school some 20 years ago and now my daughter is a student there. As a student it felt like prison wih no windows and I always felt that if I wasnt one of the special kids I was brushed off. Now as a parent i am doing everythng I can to make it a better experience for my daughter but I am sad to say that it realy has not changed much, eventhough my daughter is a great student getting information like available activities and groups is like pulling teeth. She wants to join groups and be involved with her school but we cant get any answers from teachers or staff. This school has the worst parent teacher communication I have ever seen... Mr knight was my 8th grade teacher and now is the asst pinciple ....I really expected more

Posted April 10, 2009

Posted April 08, 2009
I am a 7th grader and there are way to many fights and stress for me and we are behind Ray-Pec in education!!!

Yeokum Middle School
613 West Mill, Belton, MO  64012
Last modified Yeokum Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yeokum Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top