Blue Springs, MO

Posted May 27, 2014
I have two daughters that have attended or is currently attending this school. My oldest daughter came to this school her last year of elementary school and she hated the transition. Mrs. Swisher and Mrs. Dade made her feel comfortable and allowed for her to grow and learn in a safe environment. My youngest started off in the kindergarten here and I have to say she has learned a ton. She is always eager to go to school and again the environment from Prime Time to actual school is so inviting and loving. They know my kids by name and whenever my oldest comes back they greet her as if she has never left. My daughter will be at this school until she enters middle school. I always joke with Mrs. Swisher I wish I could take her with me all the way through high school. Great choice for any elementary school kid. Best decision I have ever made for my kids

James Walker Elementary School 2

Posted January 17, 2014
The school is getting ghetto-students cuss, say inappropriate things, and expose other children to things kids shouldn't be exposed to. Many parents only contact the school to complain /or ask for a handout. Going to an after-school event can be...scary! With all those crazy parents and uncontrolled children.

Posted July 16, 2013
We have been very pleased with the quality of education that our son is getting.....

Posted May 20, 2013
We have been very pleased with the quality education that our children have received at James Walker Elementary School. The principals and teachers are very engaged with the students and parents. It is a positive environment where high expectations are fun. For example, my kids have always looked forward in "showing off his/her knowledge" on the MAP tests. I believe this is due to the way the tests are presented. They are scary for the kids. We have only had one experience with subpar teacher performance. There needs to be more parent involvement because the same parents are expected to do most of the volunteering. Great programs! Even Christian after school programs are allowed to help children learn valuable truths from the Bible. This carries over into the school environment since kids are taught many good character traits.

Posted May 22, 2011
The school itself is a very clean and welcoming school. The principal and counselor's go out of their way to help my son. We came in the middle of the year and they have made my son feel comfortable enough to approach any of the teachers or staff. So nice to have educators who are in it for the right reasons!

Posted March 31, 2010

Posted March 13, 2010

Posted December 21, 2009
James Walker is an excellent school. I have two children that attend there and they love it. I love it too because I know they are getting a quality education in a loving and nurturing environment. The Principal is fantastic and is involved in all the school activities and fundraisers. He knows most of the children by name, and their parents too. As for the teachers, they are awesome! They put 110% in to making sure each child is getting what they need to learn and have a great time. We really love James Walker and I know you will too!

Posted July 14, 2007
This is a great school. Its safe. And the teachers treat the kids as if they were there own kids. I would no because I went there

Posted July 14, 2006
My child has attened James Walker for two years now,befor that he was at Sunny Pointe. At first he did not want to change schools but after a week he loved James Walker.The students and teachers were so nice and inviting.We have had a possitive learning experince with smaller class sizes and more teacher one on one.I would highly recommend this school for your child elementary years.If your a parent who wants to be invovled this the school to be, the P.T.A program is a wonderful way to help at your childs school and also very rewarding to see the smiles on the faces of the great kids at JWE.

James Walker Elementary School
201 SE Sunnyside School Rd, Blue Springs, MO  64014
Last modified James Walker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Walker Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top