Blue Springs, MO

Posted August 16, 2009
JNE is an excellent school and deserves a 10 rating. We have had two sons go through this school, both with different learning styles and personalities. I'm happy to say they both have thrived due to the principal and staff. In my opinion, you couldn't find a better school in the district.

Posted July 21, 2009
John Nowlin Elementary School is a wonderful School in every aspect. My son has went to this school from Kindergarten to 5th grade. The Principal, Counselor,secretaries,nurse, and every teacher I have encountered have been fantastic. I can not think of a negative thing to say about this school. My son has definitely enjoyed attending John Nowlin and I have enjoyed being a parent volunteer for every event and field trip i have taken part in, which has been almost every one. It surprises me and disappoints me that people have had negative experiences here. That seems highly unlikely to me. I have made sure my son continued going to this school as long as he could. We are going to miss everyone at John Nowlin as he goes into 6th grade. We will be back to visit. This school has been academically and socially positive for my son and other students.

John Nowlin Elementary School

Posted May 22, 2009
i have four children that all went to school here,i have had the worst experience ever. there is alot of children that have teacher parents in this school and there is alot of favortism in this school. Also there is alot of wrong teaching as far as the bullying program, it was not introduced the right way.overall i will not send my kids back ever or will i tell others its good cause it is not.

John Nowlin Elementary School 1

Posted December 29, 2007
I have had three children attend this school. I ended-up removing them from the school because I was so fearful that they were not receiving a proper education. Two of my children were reading two full grades below grade level, and I was not offered any kind of tutoring or services. They seemed to think that it was not a big deal. In my experience over the past several years, the teachers are very young and inexperienced. I do agree with the toer parent ratings that the before school programs, such as the Circus Skills and Unicycle Club are good, fun programs that the kids really enjoy. However, academically, if I could give this school 0 stars, I would.

Posted August 15, 2007
The caring, devotion and interest in my child's development has been tremendous from teachers and staff. Children are treated as individuals, with their own talents, needs and learning styles. Both the head and the heart are treated with care and respect.

John Nowlin Elementary School 4

Posted February 06, 2006
My sociable children had difficulty making friends at this school. The kids were not as welcoming, friendly or as nice as we were used to. In addition, the principal is not encouraging of parental involvement in the classrooms. John Nowlin is fine, but I'd prefer an environment where the children and I were more welcomed.

Posted November 11, 2005
I have 2 children who have either graduated from or are currently attending this school. I have been very pleased with the teachers, parent involvement and overall atmosphere of the school. The teachers are committed to doing making sure the children do their best. Extraciricular activities include special choirs, art club, walking club, etc. The PTA does a great job of organizing special parties and activities for the children and families.

Posted March 30, 2005
all 3 of my kids have gone to JNE... they love it there. it is really safe and i get to be involved a lot there. the pograms are really fun, they have lots of after school programs too. they have choirs, unicle classes, cupstaking, and circus skills(juggeling ect.)

Posted March 13, 2005
My son has been going to John Nowlin for 2 years now and so far we love it! He loves his teacher! She is always happy to help or answer any questions we might have. I have found that Mrs. Curtis really cares about the students! The main reason I wanted to post on here is to respond to the person who gave a negative review of the school. I have had the exact opposite experience. I was told that if you do not send in your permission slip the child will NOT be allowed to go on a field trip. His teacher even called the morning of a field trip and said we had not sent in the slip and if we wanted him to go she HAD to have something signed from us giving our permission or he would be staying at the school.

John Nowlin Elementary School 4

Posted February 23, 2005
My son has been attending john nowlin for the last 6 years k-1 to 5th, i am very happy with the teachers and school. I feel the teachers i have experienced with my son have been very caring, well educated and love teaching. I try to stay very involved with my son's learning. I have always felt welcomed to meet with his teachers. I can not thank you enough for caring for my child's education and emotional well being. This school also makes an attempt to get the kids involved in extra programs and to educate the kids in all areas-science fair, orchastra, theatre, peer groups-wonderful-my son loves working with the younger kids. Also the dare program is wonderful. Thank you we will miss you next year.

John Nowlin Elementary School
5020 NW Valley View Rd, Blue Springs, MO  64015
Last modified John Nowlin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Nowlin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top