Blue Springs, MO
Students enrolled: 1,734

Posted July 21, 2013
BLUE SPRINGS NORTH, SUNNY VALE AND SUNNY POINT THESE SCHOOLS HAS BEEN FANTASTIC. I LOVE THE AREA AND THE SCHOOLS OUT HERE ARE AWESOME. IT HAS DONE WONDERS FOR MY CHILDREN

Posted June 03, 2013
We bought our home in the Blue Springs school district because of the district's fantastic reputation. We have never regretted this decision. Our son graduated summa cum laude from BSHS. We could not afford to establish college funds for our children. However, thanks to the A+ tutoring program, our son has earned a 105% scholarship to the MCC colleges, with additional scholarships available to most any school in Missouri. Our son also was able to obtain computer industry certification (CompTIA A+ certification through Cisco) thanks to the district's arrangement with the Career & Technology Center at Fort Osage. With his 2 years of training plus industry certification, he will have a way of supporting himself through college, or can even get an excellent full-time job in I.T. now. BSHS has as many opportunities available to students as they are willing to work to achieve. Our son graduated with nearly 50 hours of college credit, thanks to dual-credit classes and articulated credit courses. The staff is fantastic to work with and understand special ed needs. The administration is gracious, friendly and passionate about education. We are so thankful for BSHS and the BSSD.

Posted July 31, 2012
I've had four children go through Blue Springs High School. They have all had excellent academic accomplishments while enjoying friends and activities. The teachers are the best anywhere.

Blue Springs High School 3

Posted February 22, 2012
I'm a student at BSHS, new at the beginning of the year, but fitting right within a month or two. As for education here, I've got no complaints. You get out what you put in here, it's really nice, a wide variety of AP and regular classes, and the teachers for AP classes are really great with students, enthusiastic, with the right mixture of discipline and control over the class. The fine arts department is similarly excellent. Theatre really does an outstanding job with productions and the music classes are wonderful. The character of the students here, though, I'm not so sure about. Sure, I've made friends, found decent people. But outside of the small group I've collected, students are fairly close-minded about anyone different--whether sexual orientation, dress, or just general mannerisms. I found a lot of discrimination not towards ethnicity, but towards diversity, which really disappoints me. Overall, it is a pretty decent school, and I believe you really can get an excellent education here.

Posted May 04, 2010
As a former student to Blue Springs, I can attest to this great school. Staff, students and community are all very supportive of extracurricular activities, whether it be the fine arts or athletics. The staff is personal with students and care about their success. I enjoyed the (now somewhat) open campus feel and the many advanced classes offered. Also one of the best music departments in the nation. Many opportunities await at Blue Springs.

Posted February 16, 2010

Posted July 11, 2009

Posted February 05, 2009
Blue Springs offers so many opportunities for students. They have great teachers with a plethora of classes as well as tons of great clubs and organizations. The sports are very competitive and exciting, and the music program is one of the best in the country. When students get involved, they may have opportunities to travel far and wide. This school prepares students for the real world and promotes higher education. I only wish I had more time there!

Posted September 24, 2008
I am a current student at Blue Springs High School. BSHS is an excellent school. The teachers are extremely devoted to the success of their students. Their are also plenty of clubs, sports, and activities for students to get involved in. BSHS is also very in to community service and tudoring students in the middle and elementry schools. BSHS has alot to offer and is one of the absolute best schools in Missouri!

Posted January 17, 2008
I'm a recent graduate from BSHS and I can say from first hand experience that this is a top notch school! The athletic success at BS is already well known and gives huge opportunities for students to succeed. The school is also great at including everyone who would like to participate, if there are enough students to complete 6 teams then there will be that many teams available to the students. The school also has great non athletic activities and clubs for students. The Golden Regiment at BS is amazizng and has a huge student involvement and attention. The arts and performing arts departments at BS are exceptional, the forensics and debate team has tons of success. When the school annouces its students success over the intercom or the school newspaper, all activities are given recognition!Teachers & classes are also great, its like a family here. Tons of class options!

Blue Springs High School
2000 NW Ashton Dr, Blue Springs, MO  64015
Last modified Blue Springs High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blue Springs High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top