Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted September 08, 2015
Most (3 out of 4) of the teachers my son has had have been really awesome with him. I do wish the teachers would NOT give out candy ever ever again.

Thomas J. Ultican Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2015
My son is in the DHH program at TUE. His experience has been very positive and he loves his school and the staff. The teachers, interpreters, DHH staff, and the administration are wonderful to work with, The special services my son receives is top-notch as well. They bus DHH kids from 6 other districts to attend TUE, the program is really wonderful.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted September 08, 2015
In 2nd, and 3rd grade, I believe he could have had more homework to help him in the areas he struggled with.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted September 08, 2015
I know my son is persistent, I'm not sure where he gets it, but he does not give up. He keeps trying until he gets it. I suppose his schools have most likely helped him be that way.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted September 08, 2015
This is something that our society really needs to work on right now. Our children need to see this in the home more as well. I believe our children need more of this from the schools.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted September 08, 2015
There has been a couple instances where my son was somewhat pushed around by another child. It was addressed to my satisfaction each time. I have no complaints.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 08, 2015
They have a counselor that does classroom counseling occasionally on different topics. Afterwards my son came home and expressed a true interest in what the counselor had spoke about. It definitely made a positive impression on him.

Thomas J. Ultican Elementary School 2

Posted August 24, 2013
TUE is just...meh. I gave this school two stars, rather than one, for a couple of reasons: First, the Prime Time staff (before and after school care) is top notch. You could not find better care for your child. Second, the music and arts departments are exceptional - especially for a public school. However, though many of the teachers are excellent at what they do, the school administration seems to step in and hamper all attempts at providing a quality education - not just prep at testing for winning the numbers game. The principal enjoys his role in his little fiefdom, and some of the office staff are so discourteous and unhelpful that it's a wonder that they have been able to hold onto their positions, despite numerous complaints from parents. Overall, I found the whole culture there strange: much of the school "spirit" depended on which church you attended, and an evangelical christian club of sorts was even allowed to meet on the grounds during school hours. Having come from a Western state, this egregious abuse of preferential authority shocked me. In the end, I moved my child to a different school, where we are both much more content.

Thomas J. Ultican Elementary School 5

Posted June 03, 2013
We bought our home in Blue Springs because of the district's fantastic reputation. We have never regretted this decision. Our son graduated summa cum laude from Blue Springs High School and our daughter is an honor student who attended Thomas Ultican from K-5th grade. We've been delighted with the administration and staff. We served as parent volunteers at TUE for 6 years and have found Dr. Flax to be great to work with. The students love him. The teachers understand special ed needs and work cooperatively with the parents. The staff and administration are great with communication and treat parents with enormous respect. My daughter felt loved, cherished and respected as a person throughout her time at TUE. She learned to love Shakespeare, drama, art and music thanks to the TUE staff, whose long hours and dedication is glaringly obvious. Our daughter adored all of her teachers: Mrs. Susan Phillips, Miss Hillary Adams, Mrs. Amy Barrow Kinzie, Miss Stacy Schwaller, Miss Dawn Adamczyk, and Miss Stacy Moult. The office staff, including Kristie Miles and Pat Lee, are patient, kind and attentive to the needs of parents and students alike. Students are treasured at TUE.

Thomas J. Ultican Elementary School 5

Posted February 12, 2009
i love this school my child hannah went she was in kindergarten she allways wants to go back[she is mw in 7th grade]

1812 NW Vesper, Blue Springs, MO  64015
Last modified Thomas J. Ultican Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.