Thomas J. Ultican Elementary School 2

Posted August 24, 2013
TUE is just...meh. I gave this school two stars, rather than one, for a couple of reasons: First, the Prime Time staff (before and after school care) is top notch. You could not find better care for your child. Second, the music and arts departments are exceptional - especially for a public school. However, though many of the teachers are excellent at what they do, the school administration seems to step in and hamper all attempts at providing a quality education - not just prep at testing for winning the numbers game. The principal enjoys his role in his little fiefdom, and some of the office staff are so discourteous and unhelpful that it's a wonder that they have been able to hold onto their positions, despite numerous complaints from parents. Overall, I found the whole culture there strange: much of the school "spirit" depended on which church you attended, and an evangelical christian club of sorts was even allowed to meet on the grounds during school hours. Having come from a Western state, this egregious abuse of preferential authority shocked me. In the end, I moved my child to a different school, where we are both much more content.

Posted June 03, 2013
We bought our home in Blue Springs because of the district's fantastic reputation. We have never regretted this decision. Our son graduated summa cum laude from Blue Springs High School and our daughter is an honor student who attended Thomas Ultican from K-5th grade. We've been delighted with the administration and staff. We served as parent volunteers at TUE for 6 years and have found Dr. Flax to be great to work with. The students love him. The teachers understand special ed needs and work cooperatively with the parents. The staff and administration are great with communication and treat parents with enormous respect. My daughter felt loved, cherished and respected as a person throughout her time at TUE. She learned to love Shakespeare, drama, art and music thanks to the TUE staff, whose long hours and dedication is glaringly obvious. Our daughter adored all of her teachers: Mrs. Susan Phillips, Miss Hillary Adams, Mrs. Amy Barrow Kinzie, Miss Stacy Schwaller, Miss Dawn Adamczyk, and Miss Stacy Moult. The office staff, including Kristie Miles and Pat Lee, are patient, kind and attentive to the needs of parents and students alike. Students are treasured at TUE.

Posted February 12, 2009
i love this school my child hannah went she was in kindergarten she allways wants to go back[she is mw in 7th grade]

Posted January 08, 2009
Thomas ultican elementary school is overall a great school. The principal and staff involvements are second to none. They know each child personally on a first name basis. They offer a great array of extracurricular activies. Parents involvement is increasing tremendously. My child has attended this school for 3years and I have never been contacted about any kind of accident on the playground or in school. Bullying is not tolerated, the staff is really great and dedicated to teaching.

Posted December 16, 2008

Thomas J. Ultican Elementary School 0

Posted October 02, 2008
My daughter has been very happy at this school. Her teacher is kind and helpful and caring. The principal and vice principal are wonderful. I have also been impressed with the music and art teacher. There could be more parent involvement but those parents that are there are truly dedicated and strive for a great school.

Posted September 12, 2008
It is a very organized and friendly coummunity. Great techers that make good friends with their students. from k-5 I have been impressed with the education my daughter has got

Posted August 20, 2008
The most incredible and dedicated staff I have ever met. They will all go above and beyond to make sure every person feels welcome and sepcial. I would not want my kids anywhere else.

Posted May 15, 2007

Posted April 13, 2007

Thomas J. Ultican Elementary School
1812 NW Vesper, Blue Springs, MO  64015
Last modified Thomas J. Ultican Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas J. Ultican Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top