Blue Springs, MO

Daniel Young Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2015
The principal is a horrible person. He doesn't care about the kiddos at all! Be very careful and don't trust this man with your children's best interests especially if they have any special needs.

Posted March 10, 2014
We love Daniel Young. My daughter is in Kindergarten and I am amazed at all she has learned the past 7 months. I am not a big fan of common core (the federal curriculum) but her teacher Mrs. Wallace has been completely amazing and found a way to teach the kids so they can all perform to the best of their ability. The principal, Mr. Crum, is super nice and very involved with all the kids. He even helped my daughter open a container at lunch. All the staff and special class teachers are amazing.

Posted October 21, 2009
My oldest son went to Sunny Point and now that we have bought a home in the Daniel Young area my youngest just started Kindergarten there. So far I am extremely impressed and I have to agree the staff there is absolutely amazing!

Posted October 13, 2009
They respond to obsticles like they are opportunities for growth and learning. It is a great school because of this. The staff is excellent with communication to parents and kids alike. The principal is uber-involved and knows all of the kids names, parents names as well as family personally.

Posted January 17, 2009
We love this school! Not sure what the previous poster meant by non-caring teachers and is poorly organized and runs inefficiently, nothing could be further from the truth. The principal is on top of things! The new assistant is also. Take a peak at the test scores from last year! One of the best!

Daniel Young Elementary School 1

Posted January 10, 2009
This school is filled with non-caring teachers and is poorly organized and run inefficiently. I ended up sending my child to Sylvan to learn to read.

Posted October 03, 2008
Daniel Young Elementary School and it's staff have been a God send for our family. Our youngest suffers from learning disorders and an Autism spectrem disorder and was left behind in the KC district while our older child was bored to death by the curriculum in her former school. DYE has been the perfect match for both of them. The principal has been as helpful as possible since day one, and I love the teachers and other staff I have met. Five stars isn't enough in my book.

Posted March 30, 2008
My family loves DYE!!!! The principal is an excellent leader. He is always available and I love how he greets the children everyday and sees them off when they leave. He is active at every function!!! He deserves 5 stars hands down. The teachers are also fabulous!!! They truly care about our kids!!! The nurse is great too!!! I love you all for everything you do and thank you so much for caring and making my childs life bright!!!

Posted March 14, 2008
My husband, kids and I moved here 3 years ago from Oklahoma. We are very pleased with Daniel Young. The teachers are wonderful and the principal is great. We are very happy to have moved to Blue Springs. The principal greets the kids as they come to school. It is nice to have such caring teachers/principal. Thanks for all you do for the kids.

Posted August 23, 2007
I have 2 children that attend Daniel Young. I am so pleased with the teaching staff, principal and other support staff. It is a very loving environment where my children thrive! I would highly recommend this school to anyone! Thank you to the staff of Daniel Young for all you do! It's appreciated!!!

Daniel Young Elementary School
505 SE Shamrock Ln, Blue Springs, MO  64014
Last modified Daniel Young Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Daniel Young Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top