Blue Springs, MO
Students enrolled: 1,174

Freshman Center - G. Baker Bldg. 1

Posted February 28, 2014
I am a current student at the freshman center I happen to run into a lot of problems such as racism I also experience overcrowded issues almost everyday I get pushed down in the halls or hit by either a person or a backpack I also tend to get ignored in my school because I behave most of the staffs attention is directed to the misbehaving children it is a rushed environment I happen to experience issues with me being in "sped" and for people who do not know what that means that means I am a special education student with that I get made fun of by students because I am in sped classes but happen to have teachers that understand which does help. anther issue I have consists of not being cool so I don't get a lot of student attention I have one friend in this building and I am always bullied here so now I have gotten to the point that I document everything that happens to me in a day to show my parents what it is like to be in the freshman center. So my advice to incoming 8th graders is to watch your back be strong and you will survive after all its just one year Fro the "cool kids" you will fit in to the poisoness environment.

Freshman Center - G. Baker Bldg. 1

Posted April 24, 2013
Blue Springs Freshman Center is overcrowded! My daughter attends and can barely move from class to class. They assign each student a locker, which is impossible to use due to the congestion in the hall. She must carry everything with her throughout the entire day; her school supplies, lunch, coat, ect. Students on stairwells leap over the stairs to avoid the crowds, pushing and shoving everyday! The 2nd level the floor actually shakes while the students change classes. The walls are so thin plan on hearing everything the class next door. Just a bad, old, overcrowded situation all the way around! Not to mention there is no opportunity for the students to make a connection with their teachers, counselor, or administration. There are so many students, unless your student is a trouble you need to plan on just going with the flow. And there is no connection to their high school. They are not included in prep rallies, assemblies, or other events at the high school they will go to. My daughter is advanced classes and gets great grades. We have loved the elementary & middle school experience, but very disappointed in the "freshman" experience.

Freshman Center - G. Baker Bldg. 3

Posted July 17, 2012
Very overcrowded school makes getting from class to class very difficult it may be time for another building or expansion

Posted April 27, 2012
As a current student, I'm finding the Freshman Center to be a very enjoyable and unique experience. The faculty here is willing to bend over backwards to help you succeed, and a good 95% of the teachers are absolutely wonderful. They use all the resources they have to make class enjoyable and definitely make class fun. All of the complaints about overcrowding are certainly not true. They're older, but there was a new addition a few years ago which gives an alternative pathway to classes, so it definitely lessens the crowding within the halls. My only complaint is about the janitorial staff. You never really see them anywhere outside of the cafeteria. So while the cafeteria looks amazing, the rest of the building gets dirty and is not very appealing. But other than that, it's really a great learning environment with many great teachers, administrators, and other activities. What a great school!

Posted October 08, 2009
I'm currently going here. If you're having problems with overcrowding, there's something wrong with you. It's really not that bad at all, you really do get used to it. The teachers are great (mine, at least) and they do the best they can with their resources. It's annoying when a parent says that there aren't enough teachers for us all, it's just not true. There's plenty, a lot of my classes don't have the full amount of students! There's no issue with impersonal teaching, it's just a fact of life. If your kid can't deal with that, send them to a private school. No one I know has a problem with it. Certainly already the most memorable school year after only a few weeks.

Freshman Center - G. Baker Bldg. 3

Posted January 23, 2009
My child has really struggled in this particular school environment. Overcrowding in the halls between classes is overwhelming. Continuity of student teacher relationships either from middle school to freshman center or from freshman center to high school is largely missing--you will need to have a gameplan for helping your child deal with that. Great teachers at this school who seem to have a passion for this age group...but with so many kids, there is not much opportunity for developing closer relationships with teachers. If your kid is a 'just go with the flow' kind of person, he is likely to get lost in the shuffle at this school.

Posted December 01, 2008
i love the freshman center with all the nice staff that works with you and a very good special edd progam

Posted March 05, 2008
I am currently a student at the Blue Springs Freshman Center. To all you 8th graders coming in...don't be alarmed! It looks like a big school..but it is real simple. There are three floors, but there are so many ways to get to different classrooms. But take it from me if there is a less populated way you can get to the class...take it! I am late everyday to my second hour because people sit in the halls and talk! After about the first three weeks, you will know the whole school like the back of your hand. The teachers are very nice. Everyone tells you that it is going to get very difficult, and it will but if you have the teachers on your side, then the school year will be a breeze. Respect the teachers, and they will respect you. good luck!

Freshman Center - G. Baker Bldg. 0

Posted January 18, 2008
My son is currently a student at the freshman center. I think it is a good idea to segregate the freshman so that they can beome better acclimated to the 'high school' environment before being thrown to the wolves with many more students in a much bigger building. BSHS's campus is equivalent to the college I attended! It was overwhelming to me as a college student so its got to be mind boggling for these teenagers. I love the fact that the staff appears to be genuinely concerned about each student that is trying to apply themselves to getting an education. They will bend over backwards and extend every opportunity for the students to acheive. I am happy to be able to have my son attend school at the freshman center as well as being able to get an education in a top rated school district.

Posted September 13, 2007
I go to this school. It's really nice and the teachers are really kind and helpful. The hallways are a bit confusing at first (there are 3 floors) but after the first day, you can figure them out really easily. Also, the new addition is very nice!

Freshman Center - G. Baker Bldg.
2103 NW Vesper, Blue Springs, MO  64015
Last modified Freshman Center - G. Baker Bldg. is a Public school that serves grade 9
Freshman Center - G. Baker Bldg. Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top