Posted October 23, 2014
This school has been a great placement for my son. The teachers are caring and try to meet each child's needs. I love how cheerful and caring the staff is, my son feels like at home when he is there and he has really gone above and beyond in his progress. I love the fact that they have really small class sizes and I love how parents really get involved too, it is a great place and great community!

Mcgrath Elementary School 1

Posted August 12, 2014
My kids went to this school for two years. Luckily we had to move away to another state for a job assignment. This school is old and most of the teachers are ok (one was awesome) but they have changed principals 3 times in the past 4 years and this is indicative of trouble. Now that we are in a different school, in a different state, so I can compare the curriculum and our school now far exceeds what my children learned at McGrath. Also a word of warning, don't trust the administration or school counselors for confidentiality. This school has made me very wary of trusting any school in the future. You would think that you would get better and more personal treatment because it is such a small school, but the opposite happened for us even though we were very active in volunteering and involved in our kids education. I would recommend you look elsewhere if you want a school that you can trust. Thinking that a religious school would have been a better choice looking back. If we hadn't had to move, I would have switched my kids out of this school.

Posted November 05, 2013
I'm going to miss McGrath when we move away in a few weeks. Our sons both attended this school and LOVED their time there. It felt more like a private school than a public school. The teachers are amazingly attentive to the children. Our boys couldn't be more different - one is a bookworm and one is an artist. The teachers were able to tailor their style for their specific needs. That's rare. The rest of the staff is amazing too. It's an old-school feel - reminds me of my elementary school. You won't find a lot of the drama you find with much larger schools in other parts of the country. If you're thinking about moving to STL, I highly recommend considering living in Brentwood. Your kids will get a private school experience in a public school environment. Pocket that extra $15K/kid/year and invest some of that saved money in this wonderful school. If I had one issue, I was a bit confused about how to get our oldest son involved in the LEAP (gifted) program. He'll easily qualify for the gifted program at his new school, but was left out here.

Posted May 19, 2013
This school has an intimate feel and gives personal attention to each student. The teachers are very impressive and professional. I am extremely happy that such a great public school is available in Brentwood. Highly recommend.

Posted August 27, 2012
We chose to take our children out of a great private school and take advantage of our amazing neighborhood school, McGrath! The class sizes are fairly small (16-18), the teachers obviously care about their students, and I love the Constructivist teaching approach (at least in the early grades).

Posted April 27, 2010
Love this school - the teachers really care and the curriculum is outstanding!

Mcgrath Elementary School 0

Posted March 25, 2009
My daughter is in a class of 16 children and I feel this has helped her to blossom and reach her full potential. I see ways they individualize, as she is reading at a level by herself. Most importantly, she has grown socially and found friendships in her classroom that help her feel good about herself. We've been so happy with McGrath.

Mcgrath Elementary School 0

Posted February 05, 2009
The principal is a wonderful kind woman. The teachers are professional. The kids are very motivated to learn. The class size is small relatively speaking.

Posted January 10, 2005

Mcgrath Elementary School
2350 St Clair, Brentwood, MO  63144
Last modified Mcgrath Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcgrath Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top