Posted July 11, 2015
St. Mary Magdalen is a wonderful, close-knit school full of kind and caring students, teachers, and staff. The older students spend the year as buddies with the younger classes, which creates some amazing bonds among the students. The students feel safe, secure, respected and valued, and reflect those attitudes back to the teachers, staff, and community. The principal treats every student as if they were her own child, and has a smile, hug, encouraging word, or pat on the back for everyone. The teachers challenge the students academically and are quick to provide help to anyone who needs its, whether there is a formal plan in place or not. They do whatever they can to make sure the students succeed, and use all of the current technology in their coursework. The art and music teachers are phenomenal and go far beyond what would be expected - the art that lines the hallways captures the students creativity, and I feel so lucky for all the musical experiences that my children get to take part in. The Christmas program is so much fun! School spirit is alive and well among the students AND the parents. The very active and involved parents provide so many fun activities and opportunities for the students both in and out of school. The annual Field Day is probably one of the best in St. Louis - just ask any of the kids! St. Mary Magdalen really does have it all - great students, teachers, principal, and parents, at a convenient location and a reasonable price. Before and after care is available and must be fun, because my kids always want to stay after school!

Posted May 26, 2015
Great School. My husband and I visited many preschools before deciding on St. Mary Magdalen for our children. My oldest has sense completed the prekindergarten program and my youngest has just recently started. The strides they have made in the program are incredible. On many days, we find ourselves dragging our kids out of the school because they don't want to leave. I would recommend this school 100%.

Posted May 20, 2015
My two sons have attended the JRK3, JRK4, and Kindergarten programs at St.Mary Magdalen school and have had an outstanding experience. The environment is just wonderful - mostly due to caring, devoted teachers who are dedicated to the social and academic development of all the children. Having a full-day Junior Kindergarten program starting at age 3 was a great convenience for us, as working parents, to be able to have one place to have both our 3 and 4 year old go at the same time rather than two school drop-offs to daycare and preschool. This is a rare find amongst Catholic schools. The Junior Kindergarten years prepares them well for Kindergarten. Kindergarten is academically challenging, yet makes learning fun and encourages continued social development. Music, Spanish, Art, PE are all offered beginning at the preschool levels. Their after school program is also excellent - lots of well-supervised time for creative free play outside and inside. The school has a true community atmosphere where the students and parents are very friendly and make an effort to get to know each other even amongst different grade levels. If you want a supportive environment for your children to have an opportunity to grow and learn, and your family to feel welcome and at-home, this is the place.

Posted June 17, 2014
St. Mary Magdalen is a great school! My child has been attending since Kindergarten and we couldn't be happier with the teachers, staff and cirriculum. We have found them to be very well organized with billing and scheduling -- plus everything you need to know about the school, student handbook, scheduling, supplies lists, cafeteria menu, and your child's lesson plan etc. is accessible online. Parents can access the information at any time and info is updated regularly. Automatic withdrawals keep payments from the past due status mentioned in a previous review. Quite simply, this is a wonderful school that not only educates children, but gives them a sense of community and teaches respect. We live outside of the parish, but have felt welcome from day one. Everyone involved with this school has one goal in mind -- to provide the best education possible for the children that attend. Also, I'd like to point out there is a new principal and she has made numerous improvements to fine arts and the school in general. All changes have been great! Additionally, I must point out the school also provides on-site aftercare. This is a fantastic school!! I strongly recommend!

Posted February 15, 2013
I am also a parent and this is a truely great school. I live in the Webster Groves school district and attended the Avery Elementry Kindergarten open house just a month ago. That experince helped show me how great STMM is. The challanging circulum, how much my daughter is learning, how ahead of the curve she is all showed me that this is the right place for her. She will start Kindergarten here next year. I strongly disagree with the afterschool comment, but do agree on some of the other comments of the person before me. Afterschool billing and collections are done once a month electronically through an ACH transfer for all of us who want that. It is impossible to get behind if you do not want to. The bill is sent home around the middle of the month, every month for families that choose paper billing and is do at the end of the month. The staff is highly dedicated, Christian and communicates well. I do agree with the begining of the school year being a little chaotic and unorganized, but I feel that the pastor is personally addressing this and this demostrates an additional strength of the program. I could go on and on about the additional strengths.

St Mary Magdalen School 2

Posted February 13, 2013
This was a very bad year. My son goes to school there, and we have had problems from day one. This school is very unorganized. I never received a school calendar to know when his first day of school was. I paid for certain services that I had to "prove" that I paid for. The principal was let go. There are some great things about the school like my son's teacher and her dedication to her class. What I don't like is after school billing, and how they react to certain situations. It takes forever to get a bill, and when you do get one, it says that you are passed due. I received a phone call today saying that my son can't use their services until I pay $300! When I tried to get an explaination, I got treated like the scum of the earth. This is certainly not how a Catholic oganization should treat people especially when they pride themselves on the virtue of forgiveness. It certainly bothers me that they are willing to punish my son over a money situation that they created. What is more appalling is how they address bullying. My neice goes there as well and is being mistreated by classmates. Their response was that the school year will be over soon. Such a disappointment.

Posted January 22, 2012
If you're looking for a school with a warm family atmosphere, St. Mary Magdalen is it! This is our home away from home. The education our son is getting is challenging and personalized. Parent involvement is tremendous and kids take ownership of their school. Empathy and service to others are values that really stand out at this school. They really look at the whole child while educating there.

St Mary Magdalen School 4

Posted September 27, 2010
My wife and I have had six of our nine kids graduate from St. Mary Magdalen and loved the class sizes and the attention to detail that was and is given to each child succeeding in every aspect of the life. The learning environment that is cultivated there is a direct result of exceptional teacher and involved parents working together for the betterment of the children.

Posted November 04, 2006
The warm Catholic environment has allowed my children to excel. They have been challenged academically to reach their potential. The teachers really know the children and help them in all aspects of their lives. The values that we have taught our kids at home have been creatively reinforced at school.

St Mary Magdalen School
8750 Magdalen Avenue, Brentwood, MO  63144
Last modified St Mary Magdalen School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Mary Magdalen School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top