Buffalo, MO

Buffalo High School 5

Posted August 24, 2011
I graduated from Buffalo High School in 1969. While it may not have the perks and pizzazz of other larger schools the small community closeness was a comfort to me and the teachers actually knew my name. I think it was a great foundation for me as I launched out into a world where many times you are nothing more than a number. I have many fond memories of teachers and students.

Posted May 22, 2008
I grew up in kansas city school district, work for springfield school district. My child graduated from Buffalo HS and I now have a daughter attending. The graduation ceremony included scripture and prayer. NO PUBLIC SCHOOLS are allowing this and I am so fortunate my child is still in a district that believes in God. Also, only a small percentage of Springfield and KC schools even offer the A+ program. My son received a FREE associates degree, thanks to his hard work and the councelors at Buffalo HS. He is now a Nuclear Scientist working for the Government.

Posted February 12, 2008
I do feel that this school is on the upward path to a great school. I am a former student, currently have kids in the high school, and am a teacher in another district. Buffalo should be proud of the job they are doing. I feel that anyone raising a family would enjoy this district. There are several things for the kids to join. And yes, sports is huge, but look at the surrounding schools and tell me sports are not even more impotant to them.

Posted July 29, 2007
It is no mystery that in the past Buffalo High School has had it's share of problems. But the good news is, that is changing. The current administration has, over the past few years, weeded out teachers that did not have the right positive mentality and brought in teachers that do have the right mentality to create a positive atmosphere for the students and the community. In the last five or six years the attitude toward Buffalo Schools has done almost a complete 180. Also in the past few years the athletic programs had a turnaround as well. Music and FFA have for several years been among the top in the state and occasionally the country. If I could move back to a small town like Buffalo and raise my family I would do it in a heartbeat.

Buffalo High School 2

Posted October 02, 2006
Buffalo High School has a lot of work to do. Not only with students, but with teachers, staff, school board and parents. It's a small town and with that you unfortunately run into small town politics. We're not happy and we're moving before our younger kids reach high school.

Posted September 11, 2006
I believe Buffalo High School is as safe as any school can be. There is far less bullying and fighting than most schools. The variety of elective classes is limited and dual credit classes for seniors are few, but considering the size of the district and the budget, that's understandable. As for parental involvement, that's a subjective judgement. I feel it's most important to be involved with one's child's education in the home, by supervising and checking homework, facilitating extra credit work, etc. Unfortunately some parents are unable to do that, and that will affect their child's success in any school.

Posted June 10, 2006
I believe this school when I went there for 4 years was a great scholl. Friends were easy to make and the extra curriculer was great altough we did not have much sucess. Josh gerdom

Posted January 02, 2006
i think buffalo high school can be a good school but we don't a good principal. the students there never really get into trouble when the hurt another student. they don't have hardley any good activities students can do. my child goes there and she thinks it's boring i even talked to most of the parents they don't like how they handle disapline there disapline is not very good.But there are some good programs ike gold and alternative school and votech classes. buffalo high school is an ok school but if u really look into it it's not.

Buffalo High School 1

Posted April 26, 2005
I feel that the Buffalo school district could stand for some improvement. There is more to life than sports and if there has been any cuts it most certainly is not in the sports area. What about fine arts, photography, dance, theater. Some students have other interests. If I had it to do all over again I would not put a student in a Buffalo School ever. Teachers allowed to bully over and over with no punishment whatever. Some teachers who have very little education in the courses they teach. It is sad to let the abuse that goes on in this school happen over and over. I do not believe that after a teacher reaches tenure that they should be allowed to teach and abuse. Parents think and talk to other parents in the area before you put a student in this school district.

Buffalo High School 4

Posted March 18, 2005
Buffalo High School has had some problems in the past, but the current administration has made huge strides in changing that. The faculty there makes it as easy as possible to endure the often abominable social interactions that make high school what it is. While Buffalo doesn't offer an advanced placement program, or anything remotely similar, the teaching staff truly care about students and more than make up for it by going beyond mandotory curriculum. Safety is a non-issue at Buffalo High. Everything in that regard is taken very seriously, and dealt with before it gets to the evening news. Kudos to the faculty at Buffalo High who helped turn the school around. I was lucky enough to witness it in person, and very glad that i did.

500 West Main, Buffalo, MO  65622
Last modified Buffalo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buffalo High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top