Bad
Good

I graduated from Buffalo High School in 1969. While it may not have the perks and pizzazz of other larger schools the small community closeness was a comfort to me and the teachers actually knew my name. I think it was a great foundation for me as I launched out into a world where many times you are nothing more than a number. I have many fond memories of teachers and students.

I grew up in kansas city school district, work for springfield school district. My child graduated from Buffalo HS and I now have a daughter attending. The graduation ceremony included scripture and prayer. NO PUBLIC SCHOOLS are allowing this and I am so fortunate my child is still in a district that believes in God. Also, only a small percentage of Springfield and KC schools even offer the A+ program. My son received a FREE associates degree, thanks to his hard work and the councelors at Buffalo HS. He is now a Nuclear Scientist working for the Government.

I do feel that this school is on the upward path to a great school. I am a former student, currently have kids in the high school, and am a teacher in another district. Buffalo should be proud of the job they are doing. I feel that anyone raising a family would enjoy this district. There are several things for the kids to join. And yes, sports is huge, but look at the surrounding schools and tell me sports are not even more impotant to them.

It is no mystery that in the past Buffalo High School has had it's share of problems. But the good news is, that is changing. The current administration has, over the past few years, weeded out teachers that did not have the right positive mentality and brought in teachers that do have the right mentality to create a positive atmosphere for the students and the community. In the last five or six years the attitude toward Buffalo Schools has done almost a complete 180. Also in the past few years the athletic programs had a turnaround as well. Music and FFA have for several years been among the top in the state and occasionally the country. If I could move back to a small town like Buffalo and raise my family I would do it in a heartbeat.

Buffalo High School has a lot of work to do. Not only with students, but with teachers, staff, school board and parents. It's a small town and with that you unfortunately run into small town politics. We're not happy and we're moving before our younger kids reach high school.

Last modified Buffalo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.