Butler, MO

Butler Elementary School 5

Posted January 08, 2014
I have two children in the elementary school and have been pleased with each teacher they have had. One child has special needs and the evaluation process was thorough and knowledgeable. I believe the administration and staff are knowledgeable, approachable and considerate. I find it disheartening that often times it is the people with complaints that voice their opinion the loudest. I want to take this opportunity to express my kudos.

Butler Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2013
I'm satisfied with the overall education that my child is receiving, although he has only attended one year at Butler Elementary. I am absolutely dissatisfied with the ability to communicate with anyone at the school. There have been NUMEROUS times that I called the office in the morning to tell them my son has a doctor appt at ____ time and I will be there to get him at _____ time. Once I arrived my child was not ready, had to be located, etc. Despite being there to get him 30min prior to appt time he has been late many times due to a LONG wait in the office while they located my child. Another time they placed my child in with the walking home group upon dismissal even though he was listed as a parent pickup. My child was then lost for 45min and we had to drive around to find him. Luckily he found his way back near the school and we found him walking. One of the women in the office staff is VERY rude on a consistent basis should you call the school for any reason. The education is fine, but the staff have issues.

Butler Elementary School 5

Posted July 28, 2011
I have 2 kids in Butler elem. school & 1 more about to start pre-k. I like the way the teachers spend 1 on 1 time with my kids. I love that there is 2 teachers in the classrooms with my kids. I see their teachers out & about in town & they are very friendly!

Butler Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2009

Butler Elementary School 2

Posted August 11, 2008
It appears to me that this school is overall ill-equipt to handle the needs of both its special needs and gifted students...while they seem to do pretty well with the average kids. I have been VERY unhappy with some teachers and impressed with others. I am looking to move to a new school district as we speak Parent of both special needs and gifted students of Butler Elementary

Posted November 28, 2007

Posted June 28, 2007
This school has got to be the worst out of all schools that my son has been in for Special needs for an Autistic child. They do not want to help him matter of fact they are totally going against his IEP.

Posted May 29, 2007

Butler Elementary School 3

Posted August 17, 2006
I must agree with the person that has a special needs child who isn't getting what they need. We have since pulled our child out and sent her to a private school in Kansas City. I have a lot of respect for the teachers in the Early Childhood Dept, but none for the administration. Just a little FYI for anyone thinking of enrolling a special needs child, especially with speech problems, think twice. I however have no problems with my other kids who are 'mainstream'. I think the District is great for them!

Butler Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2006
My son is in special speach and reading programs furnished by the school. The school has helped him a lot this year. He now will pick up a book and read it for fun and it used to be a fight to get him to pick up a book. He tells me everyday that he loves his school and his teacher is very nice.

Butler Elementary School
4 North High St, Butler, MO  64730
Last modified Butler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Butler Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top