Bad
Good

Develops character: Agree

I can see a difference in son compare to his previous school which is Pattonville school district.

Awesome school. All teachers and staffs are willing to help for students success. Friendly staffs and teachers.

We moved to Northwest R-1 school district two years ago. I have been very pleased with the High School.

NHS students and staff are some of the most giving people I have ever met. They rally around each other in times of sickness and great need, raising funds for medical bills and collecting food, supplies, and clothes for those inside and beyond community boundaries. Teens will be teens. Teachers will get tired. But the generosity of this education community is inspiring.

This school is horrible! On more than one occasion the teachers touch or verbally down talk children. When confronted they admitted to this and were not punished. Teachers curse. Scream in your children's face with no concerns. Teachers will cover for eachother. Your children are bullied by other kids as well as staff.

Love this school and the district. We should all try to offer more support to our schools to fix what is wrong, rather than just complain about it. It is a shame more businesses don't move out to the area to help with our tax base. Many thanks to Subway for stepping up!!

You know, I have gone to Northwest my entire life and I love the school. It has its problems, as do other schools, but they aren't bad. We don't have massive clique issues or fighting issues. Yes, you may not be popular or get King and Queen nominations if you aren't well known, but you could be well known if you try. I am an active member of the schools drama club and choir and I love every second of it. Thanks to the choir program at Northwest, I realized I want to be a choir teacher. I love Northwest and am proud to say I am a LION.

This school is horrible. The administration is horrible. They don't do anything to the problem children there and harass the good children who are there to learn. They currently have an issue that should have been brought to the attention of the parents and we had to hear it from our children but yet they call us for every other little petty thing when they want us to attend something for them to raise money. They need new adminstration.

My kids will never go here again. Disgusting school; Its dirty & it smells like something has died in the Red Hall. Principals dont do their job.

I went to NHS. I wasn't involved in ANY sports. I wasn't involved in ANY clubs. I WILL send both of my children to NHS & bought a house in the district because it was that important to me. When I was in high school my mother was a single parent- so financial stability had nothing to do with my success there. I learned a lot while I was there, I broke a ton of rules, & you know what? I had a BLAST! Reading the student reviews is hilarious. It doesn't matter who u r, when ur in high school, u hate it. When ur a graduate u look back on it fondly. These are some of the best days of ur lives, you'll see. :)

Last modified Northwest High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.