Wild Horse Elementary School 2

Posted February 09, 2014
We moved out of the district after a very disappointing first year here. The principal who was promising left after only one year, which says something about his experience. Communication from faculty (particularly if you're a working parent and aren't able to volunteer in the classroom regularly) is poor and you may not find out about issues until report card time. At that point any of the teachers' comments that are a surprise to you become a part of your child's permanent record. The class size is out of control - the worst (i.e. highest for elementary) in the St. Louis area. If you have an average 5/6 year old who can't sit perfectly still with their head on their desk for 20 minutes + without moving or speaking (while a single teacher works her way around to 23+ kids with no aide to help), expect problems. I know of several parents (particularly with boys) who are considering (or have) left the district (some to private schools), because the teachers have suggested average kids need ADHD meds because they can't control their classrooms. The only reasons this school gets 2 stars are because the music teacher and Adventure Club staff are excellent.

Posted January 18, 2013
As a parent of a 5th and 1st grader I can honestly say that Wild Horse is a phenomenal place to learn and grow. From catering to individual learning styles to serving in the community, we couldn't be happier with the teachers our children have had in the classroom and in specials. The new principal truly 'gets' and cares about the kids, family and his staff...and truly encourages parent involvement. The 'vibe' at WH is a wonderful blessing and we are thankful for all the Staff and Teachers there who dedicate their lives to our children.

Wild Horse Elementary School 1

Posted September 24, 2012
I agree with the positing regarding the lazy leadership. It's sad, but the principal was promoted in the school district. Also, since the teachers union is so powerful, it is very difficult for a parent to express any issues with the teaching staff. The principal at the time , who has been promoted, did not assist us when my child's teacher was extremely "negative" with our child and other children. This teacher has many complaints (kids coming home crying, etc..) . We also moved our kids out of this school.

Wild Horse Elementary School 1

Posted November 18, 2011
No action on bullying, lazy leadership. I agree that the music teacher is great, and would add that the art teacher and Adventure Club staff are wonderful. That said, the school failed to address a bullying issue other than to run from responsibility and attempting to redefine the word bullying to justify their lack of effort. After working on this for months with them we finally pulled our kids out. They also lost our child for part of a day and did not notify us, nor did they offer any apologies or take action once we notified them of same. They promote themselves as "the best" and as such fail to acknowledge or learn from faults. If you do not mind working around a lazy, self-congratulatory leadership it is otherwise a decent school, and if Rockwood fixed the leadership issue this could easily be a three or four star school.

Posted June 17, 2011
The music teacher alone would warrant 5 stars-- but everyone here is top notch. The dedication never ends when the school day is over.

Wild Horse Elementary School 0

Posted February 01, 2010
This school has been wonderful to me and my children! They care about the childrens education and #1 on parent contact. The teachers are great we've been here since k both of my child attend this school if you are looking for a great school Wild Horse Elementary is it!

Posted September 21, 2009
Wildhorse has an amazing principle that has surrounded herself with a great team of teachers. They are innovate in trying new approaches to learning. the special services that are provided to the students that need them are great.

Posted September 20, 2009
has wonderful programs music and special ed . staff excellent and find joy in their job.

Wild Horse Elementary School 0

Posted July 28, 2009
I believe the school is a great school not because of the principal. I think her leadership is bad. I have seen her in action and she does'nt for the students only results.

Posted April 24, 2009
I love this school! My kids get more attention because smaller classes and the teachers are all so caring and they really work with my kids and focus on any areas they may need help on.

Wild Horse Elementary School
16695 Wild Horse Creek Rd, Chesterfield, MO  63005
Last modified Wild Horse Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wild Horse Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top