School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Chesterfield Montessori School cordially invites prospective families to a Discovery Night Open House on Thursday, May 7 from 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM. Come tour the school, see the classrooms and materials, and speak with our staff. Discover the difference an AMI Montessori education can make in your child's life. For more information, please call (314) 469-7150, or visit our website: www.chesterfieldmontessori.org.
April 24, 2015

Chesterfield Montessori School 1

Posted August 30, 2015
This school does some nice things on the surface. They have a nice building for example. The school is in a nice area. However, they don't have any real tolerance for children with disabilities (such as ADHD). As we came to understand, they don't believe they have to provide reasonable accommodations under the ADA for children with disabilities because they are a private school. They want the children to behave perfectly in the classroom or else they will actively work to remove kids who deviate in any way at a whim (even mid-school year). They don't want kids who act up at all because it would seem to disprove the theory that Montessori works for all kids. Their overall communication is also poor in terms of communicating with parents about issues. They even started becoming insulting with us when any critique given, despite our prior active participation and support of the school. They've also lost some veteran teachers (who were much better) and replaced them with newer teachers who have a lot less experience. One of the new teachers was actually the daughter of the headmaster, which is a conflict of interest for the headmaster because she won't tolerate any critique of her daughter if this is the teacher you get. This is really not a school I'd recommend unless you have a child with near perfect behavior. If your child acts up in any manner, you can expect to have your child removed mid-year with almost no warning and with no compassion.

Posted July 22, 2015
My experience with my child's teachers were excellent. I am glad we chose this school.

Chesterfield Montessori School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 22, 2015
Some of the best teachers in Saint Louis! Always pleasant and always supportive of your family.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted April 24, 2015

Posted May 21, 2014
Lise R.04/23/2014 My children have been enrolled at Chesterfield Montessori School for many years, from primary through elementary, and we could not be happier. This is authentic Montessori as it was meant to be, from toddler through middle school. My children are critical thinkers, confident, engaged, love learning and coming to school. The Montessori philosophy is based on hands-on, student-centered learning in mixed-age classrooms, allowing each child to develop naturally following their individual learning style. Montessori education has been proven through pediatric neuropsychology to follow the brain development of the child--just check out what Dr. Stephen Hughes has to say. As a parent, I have seen firsthand how authentic Montessori education promotes and fosters independence, confidence, and ultimately a lifelong passion for learning. CMS has been extremely successful in preparing children to go on to the best schools in the country for over 30 years. After an observation in any of the classrooms at CMS, you will see happy, excited, curious children who are truly engaged and loving the work they are doing.

Chesterfield Montessori School 2

Posted April 02, 2014
The curiculum was definitely in keeping with Montessori philosophy. Teachers are well educated. The Head of School definitely favors those who have an abundance of disposable funds. When any issue arose, the school was willing to kick the student out rather than deal with any issues. There was some bullying, it was addressed, but not in as timely a fashion as one would expect at such a high quality school, espousing the beliefs of Maria Montessori. There was a dearth of after-school programs as well. I would urge parents loking for a Montessori school to lok elsewhere if you cannot "donate" extra funds. Your child will not be given the proper attention otherwise. I saw this happen to numerous families, most of which wound up leaving the school.

Posted September 24, 2013
My child attended CMS for 3 years. I can honestly say that she received an "Authentic" Montessori education at this school. The teachers there were absolutely amazing. My child misses it very much and wont stop talking about it. I tried another Montessori school in the area because we moved away and I have to say, after being at CMS, I don't understand how other schools can even call themselves Montessori! Thank you CMS for all that you have done for my child.

Posted June 21, 2013
Our child has been at CMS for two and a half years and we could not be happier with the school, its administration, and our child's academic and personal progress thus far. CMS' acadmics are, of course, top notch, and we have had nothing but good experiences with the office staff and the other parents. But the most amazing (and unexpected) thing about CMS has been the wonderful community that the school creates for the children. The culture of the school is one of grace and courtesy, kindness, mutual respect and tolerance, and you never, ever have to worry about things like bullying (a real issue in other schools). At CMS, they really are teaching the whole child, and the results are amazing! Although we are by no means 'wealthy', CMS is the best investment we can make in our child's future and I am so grateful that we have this amazing educational opportunity!

Posted June 03, 2013
CMS is a highly established, world renown, institute of learning that provides authentic Montessori education for children ages 16 months through eighth grade. The Montessori philosophy is based on hands-on, student-centered learning in mixed-age classrooms where the children are guided and are encouraged to work together, teach themselves, and learn from one another in a beautiful environment where the children are responsible for their own learning based on their interests and individual learning styles. As a former parent, I have seen firsthand how this incredible philosophy of education promotes and fosters independence, confidence, and ultimately a lifelong passion for learning. CMS has been extremely successful in preparing children to go on to the best schools in the country for over 30 years. After an observation in any of the classrooms at CMS, you will see happy, excited, curious children who are truly engaged and loving the work they are doing.

Posted May 23, 2013
CMS is the very best place for our two children, we have loved every minute of our time there. The teachers and staff are supportive and loving to our children. Our children's education is a top priority and we feel that CMS is given them endless opprunties for their futures. I would highly recommend this school to anyone, they are exceptional leaders, teachers and role models to the children. The teachers and staff are available if you need to speak or meet with them at anytime. We have been there for 4 years and I have never once felt that we were not in the know about what was going on with our children. The work that our children are able to do at their age is mind blowing, they are receiving a top notch education at what I feel is the best school in Saint Louis County. The classrooms are well organized and well kept, our children are self motivated to pick their own work and to work at their pace. They are free to be creatvie and be themselves. The most important thing to us is that our children love learning and that is something that will stay with them forever. The Montessori way is to teach children the love of learning and that is exactly what CMS does and then some!!!

Chesterfield Montessori School
14000 Ladue Road, Chesterfield, MO  63017
Last modified Chesterfield Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-9
Chesterfield Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top