PK-9|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Chesterfield Montessori School cordially invites prospective families to a Discovery Night Open House on Thursday, May 7 from 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM. Come tour the school, see the classrooms and materials, and speak with our staff. Discover the difference an AMI Montessori education can make in your child's life. For more information, please call (314) 469-7150, or visit our website: www.chesterfieldmontessori.org.
April 24, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

I absolutely love this school! They really set the bar for Montessori education. So glad my kids are part of this amazing educational journey! All of the staff and teachers are wonderful. But I have to shout out about our head of school Ms. Anita Chastain because she GETS my kids. She really understands them and that is worth far more to me then you can know. I feel secure that their needs are being met and that she, along side my husband and I, is their biggest advocate!!

This school is amazing. It has taught my son how to be independent, work with all ages, and to love learning. The school will maximize your child's potential and start a fire inside your child that thrives on learning. It is expensive, but we feel it is important to build on his foundation of early education to give him the most chance for success in the future. My son is 3, potty-trained at 18 months, starting to recognize words, and amazes my friends and family with his vocabulary, confidence, politeness and happiness! Thank you to this wonderful school!

My son is in the toddler program. CMS teaches him all kind of life skills such as drinking from a cup, using spoon, dressing, cleaning, teeth brushing, and much more. He always surprises and amazes us with a new skill he has learned in the school! The teachers have a great way to train the toddlers and we have learned some good parenting tricks too :-)

Amount of homework: Agree

The level of work my children do during a school day at CMS can be pretty high. I love that when they leave school they get to come home and be kids. There is no homework. All of the reading and learning that they do at home is because they love it.

Develops character: Strongly agree

personal responsibility and natural consequences are an important part of Montessori education. By encouraging this you are encouraging students to have integrity, honesty and fairness.

For our family Montessori and CMS work beautifully. They truly set the bar for Montessori education. I couldn't be happier that my children are experiencing this amazing educational journey!

This school does some nice things on the surface. They have a nice building for example. The school is in a nice area. However, they don't have any real tolerance for children with disabilities (such as ADHD). As we came to understand, they don't believe they have to provide reasonable accommodations under the ADA for children with disabilities because they are a private school. They want the children to behave perfectly in the classroom or else they will actively work to remove kids who deviate in any way at a whim (even mid-school year). They don't want kids who act up at all because it would seem to disprove the theory that Montessori works for all kids. Their overall communication is also poor in terms of communicating with parents about issues. They even started becoming insulting with us when any critique given, despite our prior active participation and support of the school. They've also lost some veteran teachers (who were much better) and replaced them with newer teachers who have a lot less experience. One of the new teachers was actually the daughter of the headmaster, which is a conflict of interest for the headmaster because she won't tolerate any critique of her daughter if this is the teacher you get. This is really not a school I'd recommend unless you have a child with near perfect behavior. If your child acts up in any manner, you can expect to have your child removed mid-year with almost no warning and with no compassion.

My experience with my child's teachers were excellent. I am glad we chose this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Some of the best teachers in Saint Louis! Always pleasant and always supportive of your family.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted April 24, 2015

Last modified Chesterfield Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-9