Chesterfield, MO
After care: No

Posted July 24, 2015
We have one student currently at Barat and one that has graduated who are very different from each other yet have excelled in so many areas because of what Barat offers. This is truly an amazing school. I am a former teacher and so I feel I can look at Barat from a professional standpoint and also as a parent. Not only have our kids received an excellent education, they have also been fortunate with the many opportunities Barat provides. Our boys have been able to play numerous sports and have an opportunity to grow rather than just sit the bench. Our son that just graduated never played an instrument or read one note of music until he came to Barat but has since made the All-District Choir, learned to play trombone and received a music scholarship for college. We love Barat's educational model and that they work individually with those students who need it, but that they keep their standards of excellence high, as it should be. The Service Learning experience is so beneficial in teaching the students that the world is not just about them but about what they have to offer to those around them from improving local parks, to working with children or Alzheimer's patients, to their Peace Project as a Senior. I was blown away by the level of professionalism and work that goes into these projects and how much of an impact that they can have even as young adults. Barat is a hidden gem that I wish more people knew about. It is a great "college building resume" school as it affords students the opportunity to be a part of so many different things. I know our boys wouldn't want to be anywhere else. That's a great feeling as a parent.

Posted May 12, 2015
I am really struggling in college - and I had great grades at Barat. They did not teach us, they just gave grades out and everyone got a decent GPA. All I do now is spend my time at the tutoring center feeling like an idiot and missing out on all the fun. Save yourself the pain and go to a school that teaches instead of one where the dance team is the highlight.
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 12, 2015

Posted September 17, 2014
I have to say after reading these reviews, we ALMOST did not send our daughter here. WOW...what a mistake that would have been. I honestly have NO idea why there are ANY bad reviews on this school. We have 3 children and have been enrolled in 6 different private schools and have toured at least 6 or 7 more. This school is by FAR...the very best!!! The administration is outstanding!!! You will love Mr. Brennan...care, understanding, truly wants you to achieve your best. This school has welcomed use with open arms and has really exceeded our expectations. My daughter transferred here as a senior and the transition has been very smooth. The students are really just nice, down to earth kids. Great job Barat!!!!...thoroughly impressed!!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 24, 2014
We had such hope for this school and we were disappointed! This school lacks Catholic formation and teaches more about other faiths. Social atmosphere is poison! There are so many great Catholic schools in the St Louis area that we are truly surprised this one is still open.
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 30, 2014
Barat Academy is a school like no other! Barat is the best school that I could ever attend. It is my dream high school. I would NEVER want to go to any other high school. The one-on-one relationships with the teachers, competitive academics, the learning of skills to help me build MY character, opportunities that I would not have at any other school, and SO SO SO much more is why that Barat Academy is the best school in St. Louis, in the United States, and on all of Earth!

Posted May 09, 2014
Barat Academy is a hidden gem. Leadership is beyond reproach; faculty and staff dedicated and top notch; students committed, challenged and welcoming. Following in the steps of St. Madeleine Sophie Barat, for whom the school is named, this school adheres to goals and criteria that set it apart; love of God, love of learning, love of service and community, this school has it all. I wish it a long and successful future.

Barat Academy 4

Posted February 06, 2014
LIke most new schools, Barat has struggled financially and that carries over into many things they try to do. They have some very good teachers but also some that fall short of expectations. The school has continued to improve but still has a ways to go to compoete with the larger, much older Catholic schools in the area.

Posted November 07, 2013
Barat Academy is like no other in St. Louis. I am a product of St. Louis Catholic education and I explored all the "traditional" options for my daughter. Barat was the perfect fit. It is the only girl's school that has a band. It has a wonder theater program. But she also has become involved in sports which we never thought would happen. The service to the community is like no other in St. Louis. All four years service is experienced...not just senior year. Come see this great school for your son or daughter!

Posted September 07, 2013
I can't say enough great things aobut this school! My son loves it. I couldn't have asked for a better highschool experience for him.

Barat Academy