9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I am truly at a loss as to how this school is rated as anything but terrible. We were additionally stunned after our child transferred out and was so far behind academically. There is nothing good I can say about this place.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There are favorites with the administration who get treated better than the rest. It was very disheartening to see some kids work so hard and do great work to be placed in the shadow of a Debbie favorite.

My daughter has been in private school all her life. Last year she attended a big Catholic school in St. Charles county and it was such a disappointment! We were extremely unhappy with the education and the lack of involvement, care from the teachers, this was the first time we moved schools because we were unhappy. We were considering online school but a month before school started we toured Barat and it was the best decision we ever made. What a difference! my daughter was not just one more of the hundreds at the other school, the staff at Barat was actually interested in meeting her as ain individual! The academics are excellent, the staff is top notch, the teachers truly care and are available to help before, after or during school. Barat is better than we expected, It's comparable to the super expensive school my kids attended in Singapore (which costs double) We are so impressed by Barat!, they go above and beyond to help the students. Going to Barat has been the best decision we have made for our daughter's education. She thrives in the small classes and is learning so much from her teachers, she is actually thinking and analyzing things not just memorizing stuff like at the old school. Her teachers care about her> I feel like we are getting way more than we are paying for. Barat is worth every penny! This is a school to consider if you want your child to succeed.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are brilliant and love what they do. They have some of the most talented and dedicated people I have met.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Children are taught values by doing Service learning (volunteering) the staff truly cares about the kids.

We have one student currently at Barat and one that has graduated who are very different from each other yet have excelled in so many areas because of what Barat offers. This is truly an amazing school. I am a former teacher and so I feel I can look at Barat from a professional standpoint and also as a parent. Not only have our kids received an excellent education, they have also been fortunate with the many opportunities Barat provides. Our boys have been able to play numerous sports and have an opportunity to grow rather than just sit the bench. Our son that just graduated never played an instrument or read one note of music until he came to Barat but has since made the All-District Choir, learned to play trombone and received a music scholarship for college. We love Barat's educational model and that they work individually with those students who need it, but that they keep their standards of excellence high, as it should be. The Service Learning experience is so beneficial in teaching the students that the world is not just about them but about what they have to offer to those around them from improving local parks, to working with children or Alzheimer's patients, to their Peace Project as a Senior. I was blown away by the level of professionalism and work that goes into these projects and how much of an impact that they can have even as young adults. Barat is a hidden gem that I wish more people knew about. It is a great "college building resume" school as it affords students the opportunity to be a part of so many different things. I know our boys wouldn't want to be anywhere else. That's a great feeling as a parent.

I have to say after reading these reviews, we ALMOST did not send our daughter here. WOW...what a mistake that would have been. I honestly have NO idea why there are ANY bad reviews on this school. We have 3 children and have been enrolled in 6 different private schools and have toured at least 6 or 7 more. This school is by FAR...the very best!!! The administration is outstanding!!! You will love Mr. Brennan...care, understanding, truly wants you to achieve your best. This school has welcomed use with open arms and has really exceeded our expectations. My daughter transferred here as a senior and the transition has been very smooth. The students are really just nice, down to earth kids. Great job Barat!!!!...thoroughly impressed!!!

We had such hope for this school and we were disappointed! This school lacks Catholic formation and teaches more about other faiths. Social atmosphere is poison! There are so many great Catholic schools in the St Louis area that we are truly surprised this one is still open.

Barat Academy is a school like no other! Barat is the best school that I could ever attend. It is my dream high school. I would NEVER want to go to any other high school. The one-on-one relationships with the teachers, competitive academics, the learning of skills to help me build MY character, opportunities that I would not have at any other school, and SO SO SO much more is why that Barat Academy is the best school in St. Louis, in the United States, and on all of Earth!

Barat Academy is a hidden gem. Leadership is beyond reproach; faculty and staff dedicated and top notch; students committed, challenged and welcoming. Following in the steps of St. Madeleine Sophie Barat, for whom the school is named, this school adheres to goals and criteria that set it apart; love of God, love of learning, love of service and community, this school has it all. I wish it a long and successful future.

Last modified Barat Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12