Posted August 13, 2012
I I have had 2 kids graduate from CHS, and another is finishing up this year. The strength of the school is in its teachers - and they are simply fantastic. They truly care about the kids, and are fascinating people in their own right who go out of their way to create a special learning environment or go the extra mile for a student. They have been mentors for my children. The arts programs are also spectacular. With the new addition that opened up last year, Clayton HIgh School is world-class, IMHO. And no, my kids don't wear Prada to school.

Posted April 18, 2012
This is an amazing school. Anyone who whines about not being happy because they do not feel popular is missing the point. There are few schools that have the resources to give students the level of attention that they receive at CHS. When applying to college, a C from CHS can outweigh an A at a most other schools.... if all you want is a pretty A at the top of a HS report card, go elsewhere. If you want your kids to be prepared to achieve beyond high school, you will be happy. All kids do not have the monetary resources to go to Harvard, but with the more rigorous standards at CHS, the focus on achievement, and the spectacular reputation that this school has EARNED among high level universities, your child will have a better chance at a full ride scholarship. I attended CHS and was far better prepared than any of my colleagues to face the challenges of university and career. My poor grades in Math translated to A+s in every college math course I took. I watch peers take and retake certification tests now while I score top 10% on my first try every time. Thank you CHS. P.S. In 10 years, you won t care who liked you and who didn t in high school.

Clayton High School 3

Posted June 22, 2011
Clayton High School most socially alienating school I've ever attended. If your father is not a doctor, and you don't dress in Armani or Prada and don't have a Blackberry or iPhone, you're somewhat ignored. Students have bad attitudes and foul mouths and *MOST* of the teachers, not all, are lacking in helping students. I met a few nice people there, but overall my experience was less than satisfactory. The education I received was good, but not great. The students happen to have high test scores, but overall I found that a lot of the students in my classes had very poor grades, which should not be tolerated by teachers or parents. (But it was). Not a great experience, Clayton High.

Posted May 30, 2011
The school itself is very good but there are issues for those that do not have lots of money in terms of social structure and opportunities for students. Everything is not always equal and money plays a huge role in this community and school. Parents can also be surprisingly not very engaged in the lives of their children. Hard place to fit in for the kids who are not upper class.

Clayton High School 0

Posted June 13, 2009
My child attends Clayton High School and I disagree with the other parent reviews. Administrators are not always helpful (i.e. do not communicate with parents as they should). Most children do not attend Harvard so a high school should meet the needs of all children regardless of their academic/emotional/sociale-conomic status.

Posted June 04, 2009
An amazing school. My daughter went here through her senior year and now she is going to Harvard on a full scholarship. It is amazing what this school can do to children.

Posted March 24, 2005

Posted September 08, 2004
This school is outstanding. It offers great support and help to those who need it but also provides a positive working experienece for those wishing to excel in certain areas. Languages, clubs and sports are key to this school and more than 98% of the student body participates.

Posted May 29, 2004

Posted May 20, 2004

Clayton High School
1 Mark Twain Circle, Clayton, MO  63105
Last modified Clayton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clayton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.