Clinton Middle School 3

Posted April 16, 2013
This school is great with kids and does good on education. If you have a child in 6 to 8th grade. i recommend going there.

Posted January 28, 2008

Clinton Middle School 4

Posted September 18, 2005
I completely disagree with Mr. Fitzgearlds on his review of the Clinton Middle School. The discipline factor that has the most concentration has been the dress code, and I remember the kids talking about how his daughter was sent home to change on numerous occasions because of this. Does that make her a bad kid? No, but still, a dress code is a dress code. Plus, I walk into the middle school and feel very comfortable. Mr. Easton is always in sight and I've seen him kidding around with students a lot, and the students seemed to have a wonderful repore with him. I used to do a lot of substitute teaching and until you walk in the shoes of an educator, you really don't know what a school is like on the inside. (Except when your child tries to tell horror stories for attention about how bad everything is)

Clinton Middle School 4

Posted December 14, 2004
I couldn't disagree more with the two previous reviews. Yes, the Middle School is run as a tight ship but often those that complain the loudest about the discipline are the ones who need it the most. The teachers are very caring and always expect the best of the students. It is too bad some parents do not expect the same.

Posted June 27, 2004
I concur with the reveiw by Mr. Fitzgearld. Clinton Middle school is, for lack of a better term, a Police State. Classes are marched through the halls in strict silence, even whispering results in detentions. The vaguest discontent by a pupil is deemed a threat and expelled. The principal and vice-principal are inflexible in doling out punishments, everything is 'by the book' without exception. The entire building has a hostile and cold 'vibe' as soon as you enter. Shades of '1984'. If I had a choice my children would attend a private school.

Posted June 19, 2004
I have 3 children that have attended the Middle school. In the last 2 years, my wife and I have chosen to bypass the Middle school in favor of a private school. The atmosphere has become like a 'Police State'. My children are mostly 'A' students that seldom, if ever, are in trouble; however, the students are constantly monitored by the administration and some teachers, who are looking for the smallest infraction. Almost every incident is turned into a major problem. The school is so worried about discipline they lose focus on education. The current administration has NO REPORE with the students or their parents. Until we get a superintendent that won't be pushed, or the schoolboard takes a firm stand with this problem, it will continue to get worse. I would love to send my children back to public school.

Clinton Middle School
600 East Clinton, Clinton, MO  64735
Last modified Clinton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clinton Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top