Columbia, MO
Before care: Yes

Posted September 01, 2014
All three of my children attended this school K-5. The teachers are remarkable and take the time to do what is needed to support students so that they are successful. While the school is structured, they average 675 students, and one would think these structures allow the school to remain safe and sane with that many children. While things have come and gone over the years, it has not been due to the school or the teachers, rather due to budget cuts. My oldest child loved the after school enrichment programs and the Science Club. This school has high expectations and prepares students for the next step into middle school.

Posted August 07, 2014
This is a wonderful school with amazing teachers. We've had nothing but the best experience with our kids the last two years there. The school earned 100% on its performance report (better than Mill Creek), and my kids have made great strides in their learning every year. I highly recommend this school.

Mary Paxton Keeley Elementary School 4

Posted August 17, 2012
I am a Paxton Keeley parent who has had a child there all the way through (is now in 5 th grade). I've been very satisfied with the teachers, principal, and administrative staff. Only once have I had an issue, and the principal addressed my concerns promptly and satisfactorily. The negative comments here make me think that some people believe school is a paradise where every kid gets to do his or her own thing, and that a teacher or principal is bad for expecting reasonable compliance from students. In 6 years affiliation with this school, I have never seen a teacher behave inappropriately or place unreasonable demands on a student; I have seen them be extremely patient with the few students whose behavior puts them at odds with the rest of their classroom. This is a great school and I recommend it enthusiastically.

Posted December 10, 2011
This school is too political. You have to know someone on the inside for your child to have a good experiance. They promote a healthy lifestyle too much to the point of obsession. Instead on a indoor recess the kids are forced to walk around the school halls in a cirlcle, and they cannot talk. Missouri gets very cold in the winter, and the kids are forced to go outside unless it is under 10 degrees, they say freezing but it has been 15 degrees outside and they force the children outside. And when the children try to huddle close to the building to keep warm and out of the wind they teachers shoo them away towards the cold. The principle is very cold and very controlling. I had wished i had gone to a different school. I am a former student that went through K-5 of the school and had a unsatisfactory experience. Some teachers are good, but its luck if you get the good ones.

Posted September 28, 2010
This school is great.... for girls. It is NOT a great school for boys, my son when there for 2 years and he was constantly in trouble. Was left supervised by a janitor on 2 occasions. Kids have to sit a certain way on the carpet and push in chairs a certain way. If your kid can sit still for 7 hours. Then Great! Also what a previous parent said about the admin not liking you questioning their authority is very true. We attended 2 years then transferred we've had 0 problems with our new school.

Posted December 18, 2009
i live this school the teachers are great

Mary Paxton Keeley Elementary School 3

Posted August 21, 2008

Posted December 24, 2007

Mary Paxton Keeley Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2007
When we dared to question the teachers & schools', we were treated like villains who 'offended' the teachers. The school's image is definitely more important than the students themselves. We're disgusted that only 1 of 5 teachers proved to be emotionally mature and sane enough to handle parents who questioned them.

Posted December 30, 2006
- a former student
I went to this school for 4 years and enjoyed each and every year. The teachers are great! They care about every child's success. The music and art programs are outstanding! Ms. Luetjen does a superior job teaching music, and Ms. Stoddart is a wonderful art teacher. The school has 2 recesses per day that let kids unwind. The D.A.R.E program in fifth grade teaches students about drug awareness and protection. The security of this school is also excellent. I would recommend Mary Paxton Keeley to everyone.

Mary Paxton Keeley Elementary School
201 Park Deville, Columbia, MO  65203
Last modified Mary Paxton Keeley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Paxton Keeley Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top