Columbia, MO

Fairview Elementary School 1

Posted June 14, 2014
My child attended half of kindergarten there, before we moved him out. The discipline policies are archaic and the academics are subpar. If your child doesn't fall write in the middle in every way, they are neglected and mistreated. My child's teacher was one of the most dim-witted, neglectful, and hurtful teachers I have ever encountered. I am still 1.5 yrs later trying to build up his trampled esteem!

Posted March 15, 2012
We relocated here from out of state. We did not know much but i have ALWAYS known about this website, so when I was given a list of schools for the pre-k program to pick from I did my research and suffered the 20 min drive across town to send my son to Fairview! I absolutely LOVE this school! I will admit I was a little concerned with the screening process and felt like my child was dumb but both his teachers are amazing! He has come SOOOO far and we aren't even finished with the school year! When it came time that our lease was up we tried everything to move into this district. Sadly i couldn't find anything in the time frame so we have to switch schools. I will be sad to leave fairview. I have gotten to know SSSOOOO many of the parents in his class and its wonderful to not only feel welcomed by his teachers but by his classmates too!! Like i said before I will be sad to leave Fairview, truly is a wonderful school!

Fairview Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
It has been rated one of the best in the country

Fairview Elementary School 2

Posted March 04, 2010
My child went to Fairview for 2 years and we had nothing but problems! I know that my child is not perfect but they only talked about her behavior! We have since changed schools and come to find out she was behind in her reading and math. No one at Fairview every said that she was having trouble in these subjects! All they ever told me was that my child was bad. I also am very involved in my childs school actives and was a room parent and cant say that I really know any parent there! I know many parents at our new school and the staff is very involved. My child has not been in trouble, but once this year compared to over 20 times last year! So you tell me! I think that Fairview is very clickish!

Posted August 29, 2008

Fairview Elementary School 4

Posted September 22, 2004
We relocated from St. Louis to Columbia about two years ago. We were in a blue ribbon elemntary school and so we were pleased that Fairview was too. Both my son's attended Fairview. My older boy has now moved on to middle school. He is doing great in middle school socially and academically, I think Fairview provided him with an excellent foundation for his success. My younger son is still at Fairview and he loves it. I am so happy that he will have the same foundation when he moves on to Middle School.

Posted August 03, 2004
We have been extremely impressed with this school. The teachers are excellent, the administration is very approachable and always visible. I feel our daughter is receiving an excellent education.

Posted September 10, 2003
Excellent teachers and staff. High academic scores for students. I purposely purchased a home within this school's boundary so my children would have a good academic start.

Fairview Elementary School
909 Fairview Rd, Columbia, MO  65203
Last modified Fairview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top