Bad
Good

Posted December 25, 2010
I know that this is an excellent school for one reason......I went there as a child. Dr. Shoemaker is a fair director and Ms. Robb an also equally good vice director. This school emphasizes writing, reading and arithmetic. Now because of that school, I am writing two major books at the moment. I also write dozens of poems. Some have been published. Unfortunately I had to leave in my fourth year. But I have made sure that the ideas of Russell have been spread throughout Bosnia. Snaps for Russell!!!

Posted April 24, 2010
Russell is a terrific school with great teachers, administrators and staff. I've had 2 kids go through Russell (K-5) and have always been happy with their experieinces.

Posted April 24, 2010
Dr. Shoemaker is an excellent Principal, as was Ms. Robb. My daughters have always had teachers that us, as parents, and my daughters have liked and appreciated

Posted March 04, 2010
I transfered my daughter to Russell after being at a different school here in Columbia and I can not even start to tell of all the differences. At the other school my daughter was labled and bad child and was in the office more than not! This year she has only been in the office once! Her behavior and studies have both improved! I believe that all the staff cares about each child! We are treated like we are all family and my child has made many new friends that I believe she will have for a long time! I know many of the other parents and never feel left out of anything that is happening at the school! I love Russeel and wish that we had started out there!

Posted April 24, 2009
My child looks forward to going to school each day, which speaks volumes! A diverse school that emphasizes academics, fitness as well as appropriate behavior. The principal, vice-principal and all of the teachers are excellent!

Posted March 17, 2008
I have been doing observations at Russell as part of getting my certification in elementary education. I have also spent over a year as a substitute teacher in the Columbia School District, so I know a lot about the different schools. I feel that Russell is by far the best elementary school in Columbia, with great teachers, a wonderful staff, and the best principal I have ever worked with, as a student, teacher, or anything else.

Posted February 19, 2008
This is a wonderful school with high values on learning, behavior and cultural differences. A very caring staff. An administration that wants to work with parents. And it's a school with a rich history!

Posted February 12, 2008
Russell is an excellent school, with great teachers, a caring/responsive administration, and 'real life' diversity in its student population--both ethnically and socio-economically. While the facility is starting to get dated, Russell is getting A/C and other, much-needed technological upgrades. My high-achieving child is getting a great education, along with a controlled introduction to the real world.

Posted July 14, 2006
My children have received an excellent education at Russell. All of the teachers that my children have had are outstanding. The faculty really cares about the students. They create an excellent learning environment without the distractions caused by the disciplinary problems at many of the city's schools. My children and their friends at Russell take great pride in their school and enjoy attending school.

1800 West Rollins Rd, Columbia, MO  65203
Last modified Russell Blvd. Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.