Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We were unsure if we wanted to send our daughter to private school or Bellerive, and ultimately decided to give Bellerive a chance. I am so glad we did! The integrated leadership/character program compliments to great work the teachers are doing in the classroom. It starts at the top with Dr. DeBosch, who everybody thinks is amazing, and filters into the classrooms. I have high expectations for my child's education, and I can say, unequivocally, that Bellerive meets these expectations.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Leader in Me integration really reinforces what we teach at home. We have also seen some of our children's friends' behavior improve significantly.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Leader in Me structure that this school follows, truly focuses on growing our children into leaders in the community. I was a bit skeptical at first, but I'm a believer now. Dr. Debosh is a tremendous leader herself and has done amazing things with this program. A+

Both my kids attend Bellerive. I volunteer in the library with Ms.Beihl. I've got nothing but great remarks on the teachers and principal. They are awesome. My son attends the gifted program (mosaic) and he is loving it. Great School - Great Teachers/Principal - Great Community.

School is good, I recommend it, I was a past student of the elementary school not long ago. They have good learning materials, a good community, and great teachers (Most of them at least)! Honestly, there isn't too much to talk about this school, except for the fact that I usually enjoy going to school. The only problem is that some teachers aren't as advanced. I'm not going to pick out names, but long story short, some teachers are more better than others. But don't just take my word for it, go check it out yourself!

The school is ok, my child had Ms. Dulaney and I didn't like her very much. I don't think she dresses very professionally and she doesn't talk to me with much respect.

Not sure why the community rating is only three stars; all of the reivews for this school are great! My daughter has just finished her first year at Bellerive and will be starting her second year this fall. We couldn't be happier with this school. I have found the teachers to be extremely approachable; to a person when I have emailed a teacher about a question or concern they have always responded back. I am a big fan of inclusion in the classrooms and I am pleased to say it is practiced here. Bellerive parents are very involved in the school, volunteering in various ways. Fundraising is also very big here; the money raised benefits the school by having additional items added to the classroom. This past year's fundraising efforts were to purchase technology-friendly furniture for the classroom. However parents are not pressured to fundraise or contribute if they are not able to do so; our family has limited means so we apprecited this. I would whole-heartedly recommend this school to others.

My two children have been here for 2.5 years, now in 2nd grade and 4th grade. I have found the staff caring, and that they go the extra mile with parents in terms of sorting through issues with children. I've had teachers call me at home in the evening on their own time to discuss issues with the children (missing homework, inattentiveness). Another teacher allowed me to volunteer in the classroom despite the fact that they have a policy against that in 4th grade and 5th grade, specifically to address a concern I had about observing my child's interactions with classmates in a school setting. The counselor is wonderful. Only person who has been a bit bossy/intrusive has been the school nurse, who sent my son home for itching his mosquito bites too much in class(!), and then kept calling at work (3 times) to ask as to whether I'd taken him to doctor for treatment for the mosquito bites. Other than that one person, everyone else is really super, the teachers really care, and volunteering with other parents is a joy.

My two kids are going to this school since last year.The principal is very sincere, friendly and caring.I'd never seen any principal come and attend IEP meeting in my previous experience.The teachers are very understanding and helpful.The special education in this school is very good. They encourage the students to participate in all the activities and very understanding.We are happy with this school.

My son will be in his 2nd year at Bellerive next year as a first grader. His experience has been wonderful as well as mine. The teachers all seem open and really sincere about the students educational future.

Last modified Bellerive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.