Posted October 21, 2014
We bought a home in Creve Coeur specifically so our children could attend Parkway Schools. I have been completely disappointed and wish that we never left the Lindbergh District. Parkway USED to be one of the top rated districts in the state, but that is no longer the case. I have had children in Ross Elem, NEMS and North High...all are over overcrowded and the education left much to be desired. Any complaints, concerns or suggestions are met with deaf ears. Money is spent on tvs in elementary school hallways of all things. I have literally walked by classrooms and seen teachers and the majority of students, sitting silently and playing on their cell. There are too many things I have seen over the last few years to mention. My children now attend Collegiate School of Medicine & Bioscience and Compton-Drew Investigative Learning Center, both magnet schools. The schools have wonderful ratings, the staff is very responsive, my kids are challenged, feel safe and there is a small student/teacher ratio. I wish I would have put them in magnet schools sooner. I have had people ask about Parkway and I always steer them clear.

Northeast Middle School 5

Posted June 02, 2014
You know, at first I only thought this school was great; but I have now met more then meets the eye (and yes, I'm a student that goes here) and as I toured around other schools, this is a school that should NEVER be taken for granted. The community varies on what age you are and if you're Asian or not, and my grade level community is outstanding. The teachers were extremely polite; although there might be just a handful of them that aren't as polite (but they must surely have logical reasons as to why). The education I learn there is satisfying and fun, and to me, this is my secondary home. When summer break started, I was still shook at how fast the time flew by in 7th grade; and unhappy to. Video Game marathons sounds awesome at first, but if you're Asian (like me) or maybe not, then you know you must have some type of homework to do. Counselors are also pleasant as well. But that's not to say that this school is perfect, there are bond to be rotten potatoes in everywhere. But for the biggest portion, students will enjoy this school; or maybe even love this school. This building holds a chest of memories, kindness, compassion, achedemics, but there isn't a single gram of suffer.

Posted June 01, 2014
So this is school is a nightmare. Bullying is too much. The principals and what not dont even help you during conflicts they dont really solve it. I HATE THIS SCHOOL! SHAME ON THIS FRICKEN SCHOOL.

Northeast Middle School 4

Posted February 05, 2014
I am a student attending this school, and let me just state that it's an amazing school with great teachers. The quality of education we receive is amazing, and (most) of the teachers are very nice. The cafeteria offers a snack bar, and we have a large library with a variety of books and a fish tank. Principal action varies from situation to situation, and I do agree it could improve with bullying. We are required to fill out a statement, but sometimes the issue is not addressed for days. The counseling system is a bit off, as well. Especially for students who have anxiety, as they are generally just dismissed back to class. Overall, it is a great school and the teachers are very dedicated to what they do. We are a diverse school, and the officials are very accepting of others cultures and beliefs, and those of other places are very proud to show who they are. The teachers are all very nice, and help us strive to push ourselves in our academic field.

Northeast Middle School 5

Posted October 22, 2013
NEMS has been the greatest place for me as a student. Principals and counselors know when to step away and step in between issues with students. Yes there is some bullying but the school has laid it upon our shoulder to stop it. NEMS gives us the rights as students and the advice as guiders

Northeast Middle School 4

Posted March 23, 2012
Im a student that goes to nems and i think its a pretty good school but all schools have there faults. yes, there is some bullying but all schools have it and there isnt as much anymore as there was. I really like going here and i like almost all of my teachers. most of the students are very nice and if you are considering to go here, i think u should.

Posted May 11, 2010
I am a parent of a Nems's student. If you belong to a different culture, then this school is not for you. Too much bullying. This school's administration is very poor. Very stressful environment. The leadership is quite lacking. No safety and no discipline. I would never recommend this school to anyone.

Northeast Middle School 2

Posted February 21, 2010

Northeast Middle School 0

Posted February 16, 2010
Im a student at nems and the transition into middle school was really smooth. we had an oreintation, the teachers from nems came to elementary schools. the elementary teachers told us what it was really like so there were no suprises, and there were none. all the teachers really care how to do and want you to succeed. it it's hard for you, every single one would go out of their way to make it easier. ive learned so much and i love my teachers. i feel really safe there and it feels like home. im not just saying this. if you are moving to parkway district, i hope this is the first school you consider.

Posted August 08, 2009

Northeast Middle School
181 Coeur De Ville Dr, Creve Coeur, MO  63141
Last modified Northeast Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northeast Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top