Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

North Platte High School 1

Posted February 18, 2016
North Platte school district is far from the "normal good" standard I have ever seen in my life. All of the things I am going to state in this review are fact even though you may think they are fiction because you could never image a school acting in such a way, I promise it's fact (seen and heard this myself). I know there are always going to be bad teachers and bad students but when north platte has more students leaving for another school district than the normal state ratio, I think it's about time people start looking into why, so I did. I was lucky to show up unannounced and make a review about teach, administrative office and students. Walking into a school to see more then one couple (students) hugging and kissing "in front of the office", no authority was present to see what was going on and trust me the students knew it. I had to ask them to stop and move so I could get into the HS office to speak with someone. The ONLY person of authority in there was the receptionist, who was surrounded by several female students, who thought it was appropriate to be talking gossip about other students in a rude manner (main reason for bulling). When I finally received a responds from the receptionist it was short and was indicated she wanted me to leave before I could witness more. I was told there was no one I could talk to about an issue with a student, no one I could call and get an answer and no one that was at the school that would listen. That not only indicated a big lack of communication with in the school it was also a clue as to why so many parents get upset for no communication to them from the school. I was finally able to reach the Superintendent three days latter after trying everyday (wow that is pathetic). After talking to him about all the issues I had about the school his remark was "he was not made aware of any issues that was going on". The issues started in September and he had no idea about any of this on going issue. Another sign of someone trying to hide and not communicate to prevent from getting fired or in-trouble. One last big issue I want to point out is when a school lets a teacher speak to students in a manner set for discrimination that is a red flag!! Teacher stated "what are you a lesbian"? Student answered "why would you say that and if I am how is it your business"? This is only one of several examples I have. Thank you.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted February 18, 2016
To the staff members there: If you cared more about bettering the students you consider to be the outsiders instead of trying to fit into teenage crowds then your school would be able to keep enough students to better fund for a VP or even another principle, so one doesn't have to try and cover three schools in a days time. This is not a thank you note. This is a get the picture and grow up.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted February 18, 2016
The only students that get respects are the athletes and the inner crowd students. The other students will do more work and try to pass as the privilege students get a easy going ride due to the teachers wanting to fit in themselves.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted February 18, 2016
When the IEP students get treated as they do not matter and they just want them out of their school it is time for someone to fight for them and go straight to the state and get those students the equal amount of fairness the rest of the school gets.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 18, 2016
This school is dishonest and unfair. This school will play the good card to the athletes and inner crowd students. The teachers care more about being in with those crowds than they care about being a good stand up teacher. This school needs a face lift, replace all teachers and office administrative staff. Only then will the problem be solved.

North Platte High School 2

Posted September 16, 2010
Did not feel like my daughter was getting the attention she requires for learning. Poor relationship with faculty and lack of communication.

North Platte High School 2

Posted September 16, 2010
We were unhappy with the communication between staff and parents and how some activities were handled. They have good teachers but limited resources for them.

North Platte High School 5

Posted March 10, 2009
My daughter graduated from North Platte in 2002. We moved here before Kindergarten so that she would have a good education. It worked! She started college at 16 and has excelled in every aspect imaginable.

North Platte High School 5

Posted May 12, 2004
I graduated here six years ago and I believe I received a wonderful education that prepared me for life and for college. The opportunities available are that of a larger school, but the classrooms are those of a small school. Students learn better in small schools.

212 West Sixth St, Dearborn, MO  64439
Last modified North Platte High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.