Bad
Good

Posted January 22, 2014
I was an Eldon school drop out due to the fact the teachers and principals didn't care if others were getting bullied I got teased till I dropped out because I was a teen mother. It shouldnt matter of if your a teen mother or a rich prep you should be able to get an education without the daily stress and depression of being teased. I believe highly in education if I were not in this school district due to a job change for my family I would have graduated because I loved my school in Illinois I was never teased nor was anyone else we all come from a small town we should consider treating everyone like family not trash.....

South Elementary School 2

Posted October 07, 2009
My son entered kindergarten after 2 years of Montessori school. A lot of time and effort has been invested in my son to prepare him for grade school. I feel this school is teaching the students at a very basic level. It's understandable that they must teach at a level that accomodates all of the children, but after seeing my son progress so rapidly for 2 straight years in Montessori school, I'm concerned that he will loose interest in school and become bored. I would like to see a program designed for children that have had a bit of a head start so that they are pushed to their full potential. Although all students are taught at an equal pace and level, I feel that advanced students have special needs just as much as students that have learing difficulties. My expectations of this school aren't being met at this time.

South Elementary School

Posted October 03, 2009
They do such a great job with so many children and so few resources.

Posted March 09, 2005
The adademic quality of this school is VERY low. When my son moved here from another school he was at the top of his class. He is not learning at anywhere near the rate of his other school. His reading level has went down since he started here. There is also a problem with roughness at this school and the teachers just ignore it.

South Elementary School 4

Posted July 27, 2004
This school is wonderful. I have had 2 of my 3 children go here and my youngest is starting this fall. I have had no problems with teachers or staff,just the oposite I have always had good feedback when there was a problem with my child. Saftey was a big concern of mine when my first child started school but after 10 years of seeing how the school operates I have no wories when my child startes this year.

Posted May 14, 2004
Teachers have no sense of accountability, and are not observed closely enough to make sure they are quality teachers. Parental concerns are quickly dismissed.

South Elementary School
1210 South Maple St, Eldon, MO  65026
Last modified South Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.