Florissant, MO

Posted November 14, 2012
The kids here are completely out of control to where I could NOT learn anything at all because of it. The teachers would TRY to do something about it but were big push overs and even when they did discipline them (EX: In School Suspension) the kids would just come back as disruptive and out of control as ever. The reason is because a huge majority of kids that come to this school has heard from other kids that it is a huge blow off from other regular schools so the majority of kids are NOT here for whatever trade they enlisted in but more to get out of taking classes at there home school. Because of all this disruption the teachers are not able to teach anything due to the fact of always having to try to keep the class in line. So the only way we learn is to go in the computer lab 2 times a week and read a online text book and take quizzes and test. It is suppose to be a lot of hands on work in a shop but whenever we go in there is no organization or a certain curriculum we are suppose to be following so the class just goes and breaks things in the shop. Honestly if your kid is trying to go to learn a certain trade they offer I would NOT send him to this school.

Posted August 17, 2012
This is my first year at north tech. I am a full time student. It is a great school and the teachers really engage into the lessons. I would reccomend this school to any parent or student that is looking to ehance there childs success. There is no behavior issues. The classes are small so I can get individual help if I need it. Plus there all students from all over so I made a lot of friends from everywhere.

North Technical 4

Posted February 26, 2012
I am quite impressed with the education and support system my son is getting at North Tech. The academics are pretty rigorous, and the staff and faculty are very supportive. They take a real interest in the students, and provide tons of support to ensure success. They are also very responsive to parents questions and concerns, and work with parents as partners in thier children's success. So grateful to have pulled him from his home school and sent him to North Tech full time. He's got a great future ahead!

North Technical 4

Posted November 10, 2011
North technical high school is good school to attend to. I am currently in the public safety field and this is my second year at school. Yes North Tech has few problems and all but it is good school that's only if you make your education count and don't get involve in wrong crowd.

Posted May 25, 2011
The best High School in North County. North Tech provides students with the ability to gain a high school diploma and also a trade. Students can leave high school and go right into the work place. The teachers and Principals are great. They care about the success of the kids and the school. My one complaint is that I wish there were more athletics and after school activities. There are Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball and Track. There would be more of a feeling of school community if there were sports like football, softball, and baseball.

Posted November 19, 2009
I attend this school and it opens up alot of doors for students those students just have to understaand the oppurtunity given to them and take control

Posted October 30, 2009

Posted April 23, 2009
This school blocks nearly everything on the computer, so there is no use for them! They do not punish the kids enough so they learn their lessons. Take caution when attending this school, particularly since no one fights one on one anymore!!?? I would not recommend this school, but if you must attend, go for half day.

Posted March 02, 2009

Posted January 04, 2009
I rate North Tech unsatisfactory because this school has alot of problems starting with alot of the academic teachers are terrible and administration. Please if you decide to send your child to this school send them as a half day student not full time.

North Technical
1700 Derhake Rd, Florissant, MO  63033
Last modified North Technical is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Technical Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top