Florissant, MO

Posted August 01, 2013
We seem to have had the opposite problem with this school than the other parents who have posted reviews. Our child has some learning disabilities and our pleas for modification in the classroom fell on deaf ears. Even with a formal diagnosis from special school districts and the recommendations for our child's modifications in classroom seemed to trigger little to no reaction. We were told to medicate our child for ADHD and everything would fall into line academically. Also, class sizes of 25 for a private school?

Sacred Heart Catholic School 1

Posted June 11, 2013
My grandchild goes to Sacred Heart Catholic School in Florissant, MO I question the academic standards, the out-dated curriculum, the lack of challenge, learning plans and lack of teacher involvement. My children had a much more well-rounded curriculum 35 yrs ago that stayed up to date with the latest innovative methods with plenty of teacher individualism of what each child's skill levels consisted of. What method does Sacred Heart use in K-3 for reading? Why do numbers stop at 20? Why are written stories not corrected but given a good job done? I wish the child's parents would wake up and take the challenge of finding an up-to-date education instead of the easy street this is where we go to church. Sacred Heart is an old neighborhood icon. But it has not stayed up to date. Ho-hum what does the future of these children hold?

Posted April 21, 2013
The school & church community are wonderful! Academics are lacking. I know for a fact that one child brought home the same book his father had when he was there! (It was a religion book so that does ease some concern). I know several parents are praying for an upgrade in academics and some have even taken to home schooling in an effort to properly educate their children. The school needs a total overhaul if it is going to survive.

Sacred Heart Catholic School 1

Posted February 28, 2013
We enrolled our son in this school due to a recent move. After one year, we removed him due to LOW academic standards. He was not being challenged and often came home to tell me how bored he was as they were teaching him things that he had learned TWO GRADES prior! No one seemed to be concerned with my complaints and nothing ever changed. Now looking back, I wish we had looked into more schools in the area instead of wasting a whole year of learning.

Posted August 15, 2012
Very low academic standards at this school. Had to transfer due to concerns about falling behind peers at other schools.

Sacred Heart Catholic School 3

Posted November 01, 2008
This school has an excellent administrative staff and many wonderful teachers. The parents are very involved and gracious towards teachers.

Sacred Heart Catholic School
501 Saint Louis Street, Florissant, MO  63031
Last modified Sacred Heart Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades 1-8
Sacred Heart Catholic School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top