Florissant, MO

Posted February 26, 2014
We moved into the district in 2013. I'm shocked at the low test scores and the fact that over half the students are performing 2 grade levels below where they should be. Frankly, I blame much of this on poor parenting and a bad attitude at home towards education in general, based on what I see in my neighborhood. But you have no choice besides Cross Keys for your 7th/8th grader, unless you can afford private school. My daughter's orchestra teacher routinely spends 30 minutes of every class period yelling - literally voice raised and yelling - at the kids about their lack of effort. She screams, my daughter says, because the kids are talking OVER her and ignoring her. Her other classes are about the same, with teachers who can't get through to the kids. The few students who want to learn have a fairly tough time concentrating over all the racket in classrooms. If you have a choice, and your kids enjoy learning and like school (for the most part), choose another community. Not Florissant. We moved here from a suburb in the Parkway school district, and I'm very sorry that I chose Florissant. We are moving out as soon as our lease is up.

Posted January 09, 2014
I am in 7th grade ande I currently go to Cross Keys.I used to go to a private school in 2nd gradethen i started to go to public.Midddle School is a ceazy place.just be yourself and if someone says anything about just give em the cold shoulder an forget about it. Because every single person is one in a million, and there is nowone like you.

Cross Keys Middle School 4

Posted April 07, 2013
I am a student that goes to Cross Keys Middle school and i believe that this school is a very great school if you were wondering. I used to wake up and i couldn't bare to have to go to school but as soon as i came into middle school I was fine and still am fine with the fact that i have just woken up and i have to go to school. I am not sure if i would feel this way if it was not for me getting on team Discovery. if you are just now going into middle school i suggest choosing a one year team so you are not stuck with a student or teacher that you dont really like (and yes Discovery is a one year team). I hope this helps to reassure you of any of your doubts of Cross Keys.

Posted April 05, 2012
This is not a rating but..... i was wondering how good this school is. I am 11 yrs old and i will be entering the 7th grade next year(year 12-13) but my problem is..... i have never in my life attended public school but my mom did all through her life. I just need to some advice from students and parents that attend.... have you had expierence going from private to public? By the way the reason im leaving private is the school i go to now very prejudice and judgemental to kids( Atonement Lutheran School) anyway please hel!!!!!

Cross Keys Middle School 0

Posted February 03, 2010
I am a student going to Cross Keys Middle School and I would like to say that sure its an okay school, but Im sure there are many other schools that are better for your child. I am saying this out of experience. I just dont think a rating of 4 out of 10 is very good, and I know why. So once again you can pick another school one with a better rating.

Posted June 23, 2009
I am a student currently going to Cross Keys Middle School. It is a great school and a great school district. I use to hate waking up thinking that I have another school day but now that I attend this school that never happens. The teachers and principals are very helpful. They do whatever it takes to get things done. The security is great too, cameras in the halls, teachers watching over us,three or more security guards,and a doorbell so they know can monitor who comes in and out of the building. They also notify parents every 2wks about their childs grades on something they call teleparent. The lunch is great here too.!! I love my teachers principals and my school I couldn't imagine going anywhere else. Also this school scores high on map tests and inspections.

Posted April 16, 2009

Posted February 20, 2009
This school is horrible!I have had two children attend there in the last 4 yrs.I am done with public school and this school is my reason why.I agree with all the bad reviews and have also had all the same problems.I do believe there are a few good teachers there but they can't do all alone.Kids get in trouble for things teachers should be handling and backs are turned for the bigger problems it just makes me sick.I have younger kids that will definantly not go there.

Posted September 16, 2008
I think Cross Keys is a wonderful school. The teachers help u learn better by giving good examples. I thank all of the teachers there for helping me with my work.

Posted September 14, 2008

Cross Keys Middle School
14205 Cougar Dr, Florissant, MO  63033
Last modified Cross Keys Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cross Keys Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top