Florissant, MO

Posted November 15, 2013
This school has been great for my son. It offers many programs and I love the Probe center for Gifted children.

Posted September 06, 2013
Commons Lane Elementary School..My grandchildren attend this school. My grandson is now in the 2nd grade and my grandaughter is in the kindergarten. My grandchildren talks greatly about their teacher. Mrs. Mathers has been both mygrandchildrens kindergarten teacher. I hear nothing but the best about her and can't wait to meet her and the 2nd grade teacher. Thank You Mrs. Mathers. and thank Common Lanes for such great feedback from our children and their parents. Mrs. L.D.H.Calvert

Posted July 20, 2011
Commons lane is an excelent school, The principal is very nice and so far the teachers are nice as well. My daughter will be in first grade and my son will be in kindergarten this fall. Mrs.Mathers is a kindergarten teacher and she is awesome, My daughter loved her and my son is excited to have her this year. The teachers make it feel like a big happy family. The ciriculum is very good as well.the only thing i do not like about the school is the parking, they hve a big grass area the front that needs to be utilized a a parking lot.

Commons Lane Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2010
My child currently attends Commons. I have been very pleased with the school so far. They have recognized her advanced reading skills and continue to individualize her learning so that she is challenged enough. Her teacher has always been available to me for questions. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Overall, I think they're great. :)

Posted September 22, 2009
Common Lane has an excellent reading program. They contact the parents and keep parents informed and involved.

Posted August 28, 2009
My child attends Commons Lane. He seems to like the school. I would like the school better if they: offered a foreign language, offered feild trip destinations, other than Little Creek Nature Area, offered an affordable before/after school latch key program, offered a counsling staff that could accomodate the growing # of students at the school. I do like the pricipal. My child likes his current teacher. This school is maintained well, and it's pretty safe. My child is learning, but I always want more for each of my children.

Posted July 22, 2008
My eldest child just 'graduated' from Commons Lane, having attended since Kindergarten; my youngest is entering Fourth grade. While I think they teach to the MAP tests (given every April), the focus on reading and personal responsibility is echoed by all staff, from the principal (Dr. Wright) through all the teachers and aides and including all support personnel. I could have afforded to place my boys in private school, but they get a better taste of the 'real' world in public schools, and I'm completely happy with Ferguson-Florissant schools, Commons Lane especially.

Posted May 12, 2005
My child will be a fifth-grader and has attended CL since Kindergarten. Teachers often use their personal time to help students and confer with parents. It also amazes me that the principal seems to know nearly ALL these students by name. My child has been encouraged by all her teachers since she enrolled here and has received the personal attention you may not believe is available at a public school. Consequently, she continues to excel.

Posted March 10, 2005
My child has been attending Commons Lane Elementary for over two years, and not once have I ever regretted sending my child there. Prior to that my child attended a private school. There is no comparison. Commons Lane is an excellent school and has very good teachers. If you live in the district and are looking for a school for you child, you should consider this school!

Posted February 26, 2005
I have several children at Commons Lane, and they love it. We have moved a lot, and they had many choices of where to go to school(Clayton public school, private school), and we have never regretted the decision to place them here. The teachers and staff are some of the most dedicated I have ever seen. They take on the challenges of an urban school, and succeed where other schools fail. Great school.

2700 Derhake Rd, Florissant, MO  63033
Last modified Commons Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Commons Lane Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top