Florissant, MO
Students enrolled: 1,717

Mccluer North High School 2

Posted May 18, 2014
I have been very disappointed with McCluer north high school. My daughter and niece both attended North all four years. The staff show a lack of concern for the students that is obvious in all that they do. This was my child's senior year and not once did the school send out notices about when or where graduation was going to be, when the rehearsal was, when deadlines for pictures were, how much the cap and gown would cost or where to order it. They waited until the day before graduation at the rehearsal to tell the students who weren't eligible to walk that they could not participate in the ceremony. They even allowed them to do the senior checkout that Tuesday before without telling them they couldn't attend. I know of one student personally who had been told to take classes online by her advisor and then was told at the rehearsal that she had been taking the wrong classes and that she still needed 2 classes to attend the ceremony. I thought that was crazy, if I had not witnessed this myself I would not have believed it. It's as if the entire school has no guidance. Not to mention how overcrowded it has become. Ferguson Florissant school district is not one I would recommend.

Posted March 22, 2013
Excellent teachers, Strong principal/school leadership, and challenging academic programs are all in effect to provide this wonderful learning environment for children my age.

Posted September 18, 2011
My son is a senior this year at Mcluer North and is actually graduating a year early. He has had very good teachers for the most part and has especially enjoyed the theatre department and is currently participating in involved video production projects. Also the robotics program of 2 years ago was extremely rewarding but due to a lack of corporate sponsorship, has not been offerd again. I encourage every parent to try to support their schools in order for all to benefit from them.

Posted September 01, 2011
(2011) The honors program at North is the best in north county (a fact that was not only said by students at MN but also transfer private school kids with a supposedly "better" education). Teachers in the honors courses make the classes hard, challenging, and to some almost scary. If there is a student that is willing to work for their grades than they will come out of MN with a better education than they can from any other school in the area. North is the host for the district special olympics every year, in which students and staff can be volunteers. MN sports are also EXTREMELY competitive and rank high every year. The teachers are very good and expect students to act like students- not like children. The fine arts department especially has a good reputation with the orchestra and the choir participating in NATIONAL competitions. North has the highest rate of African American Honors students in Missouri and it also is noticed for it nationally. We've had two students already graduate, one with a full ride to the college of her choice, both with credible and well earned diplomas.

Mccluer North High School 1

Posted February 24, 2011
This school is extremely lacking in many areas. There is little room to grow and excel due to the unfortunate fact that teachers are stuck holding the hands of sophomores who cant read and freshmen who can't add. The district is prone to passing on poor students and teachers who used to care but just gave up. Test scores are low. Morale is low. Parents aren't involved. Principal leadership is really disappointing. It is sad that a school of this quality is ranked as one of the better in this district. It just goes to show the dismal state of the entire failing district.

Posted October 05, 2009
It is an inclusive, caring learning environment.

Posted January 19, 2009
I unfortunatly don't feel the same as others. The principals/teachers do not want parents to be a part of the childrens education. One of my students was giving 4 classes they didn't need and my other student was put out of school a total of 15 days for something that should have been handle in one on one with a principal.

Posted January 02, 2009
This school is the best high school in the Ferguson Florissant School District. The teachers and principals encourage kids to learn and do the best they can in school. Kids (including me), are ready and happy to learn something new each day. Almost Everyone get along at school and the Teachers are happy to teach student and the Principals are excited ready to manage McCluer North High School

Posted August 29, 2008
I love North and I love it for my kids...great principal and teachers seem to care about my student.

Posted August 14, 2008
I am a current student at McCluer North High School. I love this school and everything else that it has to offer. It is one of the best schools in the state. We have proper funding and we have students as well as teachers that are willing to work hard in the classes and programs. The parent involvement is also at a high rate. This school does a population problem however. The building was built in 1967 and some of the same teachers are still working there. Because of the age of the school and the size, it has caused an over population. The school district needs to tear the buliding down and build a larger one, but we don't have that musch funding. A lot of students move inside the schools actual lines instead of the school districts because the credentials that the school has. I love this school! 2011

705 Waterford Dr, Florissant, MO  63033
Last modified Mccluer North High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mccluer North High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top