Bad
Good

Posted June 07, 2015
I had a great time attending in this school. Having graduated in 2010, I was involved in a plethora of after school activities. The majority of teachers that I had (honors classes) really cared about the subjects that they taught and wanted their students to learn. They really cared about us, as well. Myself and my friends really made some great friendships with some our teachers. Clubs I was involved in at McCluer were Latin Dance Club, Key Club (volunteering), Current Events Club (in which students got together to discuss the goings-on in the world), Drama Club, International Thespian Society, National Honor Society, and Club International (in which we immersed ourselves in the various cultures of the world.

Mccluer High School 2

Posted November 20, 2014
I graduated from McCluer a year ago and like a previous review stated, is the students that can give this campus a bad name. I felt teaching was oriented around this. Too often was class time used for student policing.That left a lot of us either too distracted at work, or not giving proper attention and/or material to expand out minds. However, the adminstrative leaders get my respect when it comes to implementing changes, resolving issues, and the like in a timely manner. Teacher quality is average, but the regularly issues assignments were mostly "busy work"- hardly engaging or interactive.

Mccluer High School 3

Posted August 21, 2014
This school isn't as bad as it seems. There is a lot of great teachers within the school who greatly care for their students. They are great at controlling the atmosphere in the school and keep the students very safe. Many of the students are the reason for the bad portrayal of the school. As they emit signs of uncaring ideals and are rude people to other students and staff members. Though there are still great students that welcome with warm arms within the school. There is a wide range of athletic and fine art programs within the school as well. Things within the school are updating, the school call systems are better this year, halls are a lot cleaner as well. This school is improving as it ages but there is always great room for improvement.

Mccluer High School 1

Posted April 18, 2013
McCluer was a good school in the 80's. They need to find those teachers so they can give an inservice on how to effectively teach students so they enjoy going to school and the students actually learn something. I've had 2 children to graduate from there. My youngest is there now and for the last three years I've gotten the run around when I've called up there to find out information regarding my child. They transfer me all around the school, I leave messages, and don't get phone calls back. I'm appalled by the lack of comunication with parents by the administraters. All my children have played sports for McCluer. Their coaching staff and athletic director are there for a paycheck and not there to enhance the players abilities.

Mccluer High School 5

Posted April 17, 2011
My second child will graduate from McCluer in May. Both my kids got above a 31 on the ACT and qualified for Bright Flight scholarships. Obviously they learned a great deal at McCluer. They have been happy and safe here. Most people that have terrible things to say about the school don't have children attending.

Posted October 09, 2010
My 5 children graduated from Mc Cluer and also 2 grandchildren. I now have a Grandson who will graduate next spring from McCluer. The teachers work very hard to make it a good school.

Posted December 06, 2009
I'm a McCluer graduate, and I believe I received the best education to prepare me for a proper college education. It is advisable that you talk to the teachers, because some may need 'encouragement' from the parents to better assist your child.

Mccluer High School 1

Posted May 15, 2009
This is my students first and possibly final year with McCluer H.S. As far as principals, I haven't really had to deal much with them so I can't really rate them. As far as the administrative staff, and some of the teachers, I can see why the rating is a '2'. Things are very unorganized. I can't get a straight answer when I call to get informatio in regards to my strudent, grade, fines, etc. I am used to dealing with a school staff that knows who does what, and can assist with anything, if not they don't bounce me around they research giving me a call back letting me the outcome, and or know that the proper person that would be giving me a call.

Mccluer High School

Posted May 31, 2004
I would personally recommend this school to students in North St. Louis. It is a very safe school, despite what people say. It only has 3 sercuirty and a SRO for 1700 students. The teachers there are very good. The principals have good control over the students. It has a vide variety of extracirricular activities. The McCluer building isnt too pretty tho. There M2 building is literally disgusting! There M1 Building is nice, but old-fashioned. There M3 building is fairly nice, but not the best. There M5 building and hub are extremmely well-kepted up. However the bathrooms are in desperate need of maintenance! The grading scale is a college-prep grading scale. (93-100=A 84-92=B 70-83=C 60-69=D) It makes the students work harder and they actually learn. There is a little bit of bullying at McCluer.

Posted March 22, 2004
This school is a good school. It has a nice course selection and the students and teachers there are very good! The only problem with this high school is that it is a little bit wild, other than that its a very good school.

Mccluer High School
1896 South Florissant Rd, Florissant, MO  63031
Last modified Mccluer High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.